British Airways Virtual Flyout Event

Lee James

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: September 21, 2014, 04:04:07 AM »
Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this - Moderators please feel free to move the posting if required.

On Saturday 18th October 2014, with departures from 4pm local time, some 40 British Airways Virtual[/color] pilots will be departing from Orlando, Florida (KMCO) back to London  Gatwick (EGKK) as part of our 17th OVERNIGHTER Fly-in event.   We will be simulating the BA2034 service back to Gatwick and to add to the challenge, some of the pilots will be diverted into either Heathrow or Manchester, once they arrive into UK airspace, by the VATSIM UK Controllers.   Ofcourse, no one will know who will get diverted!

This is a real time, long haul, over night event for us and to this end, we would really appreciate some local Air Traffic Control cover from you wonderful chaps in Florida.

Departures are scheduled in five minute intervals from 20:00 to 23:00z (4pm to 7 pm local time) and we have set up a slot list for the pilots, which will be forwarded to you by email (supply me with a name and email address of someone I can send the details to) 24 hours before the event begins.  Note that this list is a guide only, to provide some sort of structure and management for the pilots and the event - but ALL movements are at the sole discretion of the Controllers on the day.

If an email is provided, a final list of callsigns, slot timings and aircraft types will be provided to you 24 hours before the event begins.

We love flying in the US and usually you chaps always do us proud - so we would appreciate any ATC cover you can provide locally over Orlando and regionally over Southern Florida on the day.

My thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards,

Lee James
Senior Captain
& Events Manager
British Airways Virtual

Pilot of BAW9DV

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »
Hello, Lee!  Sounds like a great event.  My suggestion would be to contact the Jacksonville ARTCC Event Coordinator, Connor O'Brien, at o39brienconnor at yahoo.com.  You could also cc: the Jacksonville Air Traffic Manager, Chris Lasalle, at clasalle at aol.com

All the best for a great event!

Lee James

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 03:43:35 AM »
Quote from: Don Desfosse
Hello, Lee!  Sounds like a great event.  My suggestion would be to contact the Jacksonville ARTCC Event Coordinator, Connor O'Brien, at o39brienconnor at yahoo.com.  You could also cc: the Jacksonville Air Traffic Manager, Chris Lasalle, at clasalle at aol.com

All the best for a great event!

Thanks Don!

Have emailed them as you suggested.  Let's hope we can get cover over KMCO as well!

Take care,

Lee

Lee James

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 04:14:47 AM »
Don,

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE [/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Hello, Lee! Sounds like a great event. My suggestion would be to contact the Jacksonville ARTCC Event Coordinator, Connor O'Brien, at o39brienconnor at yahoo.com. You could also cc: the Jacksonville Air Traffic Manager, Chris Lasalle, at clasalle at aol.com

All the best for a great event![/quote]

Ok, I have emailed both as you have suggested and received no response at all!

If there is anything you can do, I would appreciate your help as we seem to be getting nowhere with contacting anyone for ATC cover.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Lee James
Events Manager
British Airways Virtual

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 06:40:45 PM »
Lee, I apologize for the lack of response from Jacksonville.  I have just emailed the entire staff, and copied their regional Air Traffic Director, and asked that someone from the facility get in touch with you and help.

Don

Quote from: Lee James
Don,

Ok, I have emailed both as you have suggested and received no response at all!

If there is anything you can do, I would appreciate your help as we seem to be getting nowhere with contacting anyone for ATC cover.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Lee James
Events Manager
British Airways Virtual

Chris La Salle

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »
Lee

Not sure what the communication issue is but we responded to you a while back and have had your request up on our site for a while now and our team is in place ready to staff it.

Chris LaSalle

ZJX ATM
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:04:55 PM by Chris LaSalle »

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 04:05:55 PM »
Great, thanks Chris.

Lee James

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:01 AM »
Chris,

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE [/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Lee

Not sure what the communication issue is but we responded to you a while back and have had your request up on our site for a while now and our team is in place ready to staff it.

Chris LaSalle

ZJX ATM[/quote]

Ok, I received an email from you that was completely blank - no message in the email body at all!  I responded to that message stating that no text was evident in your email and so far have not had a reply to that.   However, if you have this all set, then don't worry about it - we are most grateful for whatever you are able to provide for us.

May I thank you and the team here at VATUSA for all your help.  I will post the final list of outbound departures here in this thread by Friday 17th OCT 2014 before 22:59z (17:00 Florida time).

Again, our sincere thanks.

Kind regards,

Lee James
Events Manager
British Airways Virtual

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:41 PM »
Quote from: Lee James
Ok, I received an email from you that was completely blank - no message in the email body at all!  I responded to that message stating that no text was evident in your email and so far have not had a reply to that.   However, if you have this all set, then don't worry about it - we are most grateful for whatever you are able to provide for us.

This is due to HTML being sent and the client not reading it as plain text. If you ever see this again your best bet is to open the full message or whatever the setting is in your mail client.
Just had this happen to me the other day, it was a pain!

Chris La Salle

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 09:00:25 AM »
Quote from: Rick Rump
This is due to HTML being sent and the client not reading it as plain text. If you ever see this again your best bet is to open the full message or whatever the setting is in your mail client.
Just had this happen to me the other day, it was a pain!
Sorry Lee,

Did not get that e-mail from you either, but we are all set anyway you can see the staffing level on our website.

Chris

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
WoW!  Sorry but we didn't know about this or we would have been very happy to staff Oceanic for you guys.   Would have been great practice for all of us for CTP next week.  Oh well.......