VATUSA Web Team

VATUSA Web Team
« on: August 22, 2017, 07:48:48 PM »
VATUSA has, for the first time, established a team of developers to design and manage the web systems of VATUSA.

Please welcome the following to the VATUSA Web Team:

Front End Team
==========
Responsible for the creation of the new VATUSA website front end (what visitors see)
* Rahul Parkar
* Aaron Osher

Back End
======
Responsible for the API, ULS and Database
* Matt Bozwood-Davies

These individuals will be working closely with me to bring VATUSA a step forward in terms of technology and grant even more access to information and customization to the facilities of VATUSA.  Over the next few months, the API and Frontend will be rewritten from the ground up to use newer and better technologies, better coding practices, and once through beta, will be available for all.  Additionally, ALL backend functionality will be properly documented through a publicly accessible wiki which is forthcoming.

Thank you guys, for stepping up and answering the call!  Welcome aboard.

Jason Lu

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: VATUSA Web Team
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:12:58 PM »
Congratulations!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:38:01 AM »
Thank you, gentlemen, for agreeing to step forward and help the Division.  Our data and systems are crucial to reducing workload and burden for our volunteers.  I look forward to great things with this team under Daniel's leadership.

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 05:52:20 PM »
Looking forward to great things and new API functionality. Thanks for stepping up all (And glad to see Rahul is back).

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 03:28:28 AM »
Really?

You must have me confused with someone else  ;) I just handed off aircraft at the same altitude with 0.2 MIT all the time Rick, that ZJX/ZDC border was chaos!

Cheers!
Rahul

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
Really?

You must have me confused with someone else  ;) I just handed off aircraft at the same altitude with 0.2 MIT all the time Rick, that ZJX/ZDC border was chaos!

Cheers!
Rahul

Lies! :P
I meant back in helping better the web stuff :)