How active is VATSIM?

Johnathan Clayborn

• Members
    • View Profile
How active is VATSIM?
« on: June 20, 2020, 08:12:11 AM »
Im new here, wanting to do VATSIM for a while to gain some general understanding of ATC operations as I study for my pilot's license. So far Ive passed the S1 exam on the VATUSA Division site and requested a transfer to my local ARTCC. I got a randomly generated welcome email, but that's it. I can't log into that ARTCC. I tried the forgot password link, but that didnt send me an email either. I know that it can take some time to populate the info through the network, could that be the reason? Its been about 24 hours already.

Josh Glottmann

• Mentors
    • View Profile
Re: How active is VATSIM?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:51:56 AM »
Hi Jonathan, welcome to VATSIM. Typically, you should give the ARTCC you join 48-72 hours to process your information. With that said, a login to the website should work almost automatically (assuming they gave you worked, you were probably approved in some way). I'd suggest reaching out to the ATM or DATM for further support. Some ARTCCs may be more or less active than others, but you should get a response within the next few days hopefully.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:24:32 PM by Josh Glottmann »

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: How active is VATSIM?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 12:23:37 AM »
Hmmm...   Content of OP post doesn't seem to match subject line of OP post....  Josh's answer is spot on with respect to what I believe OP's question was really getting to....

But, I'm a stats guy.... :)  To answer OP's actual stated in the subject question:  How active is VATSIM?

Since VATSIM started, we've had nearly 690,000 members join
Nearly 83,000 are considered active members
We have over 200 new members join every day
On average, nearly 5,000 members log on every day

So, yeah, VATSIM is pretty active :)
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA