Pilots flying JAX, MLB, DAB and MCO/ORL/SFB

Bryan Wollenberg

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.laartcc.org
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2010, 11:39:08 PM »
Harold,

I tried my hardest (as did Gary) to allow JAX to keep MCO has a major airport pending a decision from the EC, but was taken to task by the BOG for that decision.  I saw no sense in forcing them to redo all their training information, website, documentation, etc. for a week and then need to change it back again if it was approved.  Rules are rules, and sometimes common sense gets thrown out the window simply for the sake of observing those rules.  The good news is that MCO has been officially approved.  The bad news is that it will not be appearing in the GRP until at least sometime next week, and as a result cannot be treated as a major airport until then.
Bryan Wollenberg
Retired North America Regional Director

Dhruv Kalra

• ZMP Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2010, 04:45:21 AM »
Thanks for your efforts, Bryan. It's a shame that the guys at ZJX have had to go through such a document shuffle over all of this.
Dhruv Kalra
ZMP ATM | Instructor | Grumpy Old Man

Bruce Clingan

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.classbravosa.com
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »
Quote from: Dhruv Kalra
Thanks for your efforts, Bryan. It's a shame that the guys at ZJX have had to go through such a document shuffle over all of this.

+1, Bureaucracy at it's best.  This is a volunteer network right?  Different story if they were trying to go around the system, but it is clear that it was no fault of their own.
Bruce W. Clingan
vZID Air Traffic Manager

"Facts are stubborn things." Ronald Reagan

David Jedrejcic

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2010, 02:15:00 AM »
Since I misinterpreted the rules and gave ZJX a premature authorization to operate as a major, I'll take the blame for their troubles, but I had to ask them to shut down major ops until this was taken care of - certainly not what I had planned to do.  And it certainly wasn't through any fault of ZJX.  Just a bureaucratic hiccup.  Looks like things will be back up soon though, so that's good news.
David Jedrejcic