Boston FS2004 Scenery (eventually FSX..and it's free!)

Eric LeMarier

• Members
    • View Profile
Boston FS2004 Scenery (eventually FSX..and it's free!)
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
I recently undertook translating Google Earth models into FS2004 (and eventually FSX..already tested just trying to get it working in FS2004 first for framerate testing). I've started on Boston and released the first set of buildings that I have translated. These include:

Boston Public Library
 Bunker Hill Monument (with Tobin Bridge location correction (from default scenery))
 Hatch Memorial Shell
 John Hancock Building (updated new model with real pic textures and relocated to accurate place)
 TD Garden (Boston Celtics/Boston Bruins venue)
 USS Constitution
 Zakim Bridge
 Hynes Convention Center
 Prudential Tower (updated new model with real pic textures and relocated to accurate place)
 111 Huntington Ave (R2D2 building near Prudential)
 101 Huntington Ave (part of Prudential Mall)

I've also completed (but not released yet)
Charlestown Bridge
Old North Church

The scenery is free to download at http://www.ejlmusic.com/scenery

All I ask is for feedback. Each building/attraction is its own BGL file so you can delete something if it does not look right with your scenery setup. For example, one user has said:

"I use your scenery together with BostonLogan2.1 by George Grimshaw.
I disabled tobinbridge.BGx and tobin exlude.BGx in your design because that bridge is already part of the Grimshaw scenery and would thus show double.
Otherweise your contribution looks really great and is a fine enhancement of Boston.
Thank you.

PS: The same as for Grimshaw's Freeware scenery applies to FlyTampa's Payware scenery of Boston. Users of FlyTampa's scenery also should disable the two files mentioned above"

Let me know what you think. I've tried going to FSX with this idea and it works but I want to finish FS2004 before I transport to FSX....need to save the textures to a different format for FSX.

See attachments for pictures
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:48:21 PM by Eric LeMarier »