Flight Sim X on new PC

Eddie Burchell

• Members
    • View Profile
Flight Sim X on new PC
« on: July 16, 2017, 04:28:43 PM »
I recently upgraded my PC to a fairly hot gaming machine and Flight Sim X crashes constantly.  I've been told I need a Win 7 PC to run Flight Sim X, but I have to think that Win 10 can do the job, or perhaps there is a shell program I can use. 
My new machine is:
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4 GHz with 16 GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM. 

I would appreciate anyone's input as Flight Simulator online with VATSIM ATC has been a huge hobby since the first version of FS came out in the late '80s.  I would love to get back in the air. 

Thanks,
VOL820
Volunteer Air, Knoxville, TN 

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: Flight Sim X on new PC
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 08:51:04 PM »
I had the same issue when I upgraded from 7 to 10, and found I had to copy an older DLL into my FSX folder to fix it.  I'll try to dig up a reference to the solution and post it here.

The good news, if it is in fact the same issue, is that the fix made it run flawlessly -- no sim crashes since.

I'll try to find it.  Sit tight.

Edit:

from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fsx-crashing-on-windows-10-problems-resolved/7d80c890-5488-49ec-a6bb-e28e21b18f8b?auth=1

Re:  UIAutomationCore.dll.   I had posted a while ago about this error.   This one comes up, when the menu bar in FSX is used many times, and as in your case, you changed the date/time.   However, it is strongly recommended that the UIAutomationCore.dll found in System32 and SysWOW64 not be moved or replaced as that is needed by Windows.   Instead, an earlier version of the said .dll should be used, but this time placing it in the FSX directory.   FSX will first search its own backyard for that .dll before it searches elsewhere in Windows.   And this fix works for this type of error.   The version I use (and there is choice of two) is  6.0.5840.16386.  The other version has digits ending with 18000 and they can be found at: 
http://www.search-dll.com/dll-files/download/uiautomationcore.dll.html