Video from ZDV's Rocky Mountain Rumble

Marcus Becker

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« on: April 02, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
I know I like watching these videos so I thought I would share them with you too. This is taken from the Denver ARTCCs Rocky Mountain Rumble back in February. Traffic started off light and then American pounded Aspen and it seemed pretty steady from then on. There's a lot going on in the video and you almost have to watch it twice to appreciate it. You can see that Aspen is not only a difficult place to fly but a hard one to work too.

Rocky Mountain Rumble 2013

Charan Kumar

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »
Kool vid...the suicide ops like procedures, the arrival into the high terrain, always makes KASE an interesting airport to fly into.

David Macfarlane

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:11:05 AM »
Quote from: Marcus Becker
I know I like watching these videos so I thought I would share them with you too. This is taken from the Denver ARTCCs Rocky Mountain Rumble back in February. Traffic started off light and then American pounded Aspen and it seemed pretty steady from then on. There's a lot going on in the video and you almost have to watch it twice to appreciate it. You can see that Aspen is not only a difficult place to fly but a hard one to work too.

Rocky Mountain Rumble 2013

I found it interesting that so many pilots chose aircraft that are not even allowed to land at KASE in RW (no larger that a CRJ). Witness the number of aircraft that came in including a B777! Luckily, we had really good braking action that night.