Away

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Away
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2017, 11:01:55 PM »
Why is everyone looking for time off?  You should be looking for time off from life and coming to work here on VATSIM!  Where are your priorities?  ;)
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »
Why is everyone looking for time off?  You should be looking for time off from life and coming to work here on VATSIM!  Where are your priorities?  ;)

erm... Priorities?  Women and airplanes?

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2017, 07:32:31 AM »
Have to agree with Kosmo on that one.  ZDC look out, I am in the D.C. Area and although I am on vacation, I plan on spot checking a few of your facilities.  LOL
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2017, 12:57:53 PM »
I can assure you that the coffee machine and still are in perfect working order.
VATUSA Deputy Director Emeritus
Former ZDC ATM, DATM, TA & WM
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 5

Mark Hubbert

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »
I stood at Arlington Cemetery and watched the inbound traffic to DCA,  All looked good.  I checked the bathrooms ar IAD and a worker got a little testy when I informed them the paper towel machine was out of paper towels, LOL.
Mark Hubbert
Division Director VATUSA Retired

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2017, 11:21:15 AM »
That's why you should fly from BWI... ;-)
Cheers,
-R.

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2017, 08:36:07 PM »
That's why you should fly from BWI... ;-)

I get enough of that when going to our office in Annapolis.  Why would I want to do any more of that? :-D

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »
Ira will be here, he's not eligible for leave accrual, yet.

No, I'm not. However, having finagled an invite to a company sponsored conference, I know that if I use a couple of days on both ends as travel days, I can honestly say that I will be away on company business from July 27 to August 7.   That makes it a paid holiday! 
Ira Robinson

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2017, 03:07:35 PM »
At the Boston Tea Party 8/18-20, then leave on international business travel through 9/4.  I will have no computer and extremely limited internet via phone where I am.  Ira will be in charge.  Make sure you clean up after yourselves!
Don Desfosse

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2017, 06:47:53 PM »
I am going to be out of town leaving Wed Oct 4 and returning Tue Oct 10 to change my clothes, and then leaving again on Oct 12th.  I will be traveling so I expect to have minimal access to email through my cell phone until such time as I have access to my computer again. I estimate that to occur on or about Oct 23rd. 

I will be leaving both my office door and the liquor cabinet unlocked.  I found out on my last trip that it's cheaper to replace just the booze then to have to replace the booze and both locks!

Remember that it's polite to take your empties with you and for the last one out to turn off the light and close the door behind them.

If you have any questions or problems that cannot wait I suggest you email your local Air Traffic Director or look up the answer in our Knowlegebase.  The directory of Regional Directors is on the front page of the web site, as is the Knowledgebase.  Between the two any question you may have should be something they can help you with.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:22:51 PM by Ira Robinson »
Ira Robinson

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2017, 04:53:33 PM »
I will be leaving both my office door and the liquor cabinet unlocked.  I found out on my last trip that it's cheaper to replace just the booze then to have to replace the booze and both locks!

Remember that it's polite to take your empties with you and for the last one out to turn off the light and close the door behind them.

Little did you know that we already emptied it.  Can you restock before you head out?

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2017, 11:55:33 AM »
Out of the office on work travel until Thursday evening.
Don Desfosse