Server Disconnects

Melinda Boyette

• Members
    • View Profile
Server Disconnects
« on: October 28, 2009, 04:51:15 PM »
As both a controller on VATSIM and a pilot, I wanted to comment on the service interruptions. It truly is getting annoying. I was working on getting in a few flights today and spoke to VATGOV5 ( I think it was ) who too was experiencing a lot of boots. USA-S3 I am getting dropped relentlessly, USA-SE keeps timing out and USA-W unable to connect to. ( Connection refused ) The only server that I am able to hold a solid connection to is UK.

As a pilot this is more than annoying. Enjoying the company of other pilots is what we're all here for. Does VATSIM / VATUSA have a solution for this?

Sincerely,
Melinda Romig
ZMA_MR

Andrew Podner

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
Server Disconnects
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »
VATUSA has nothing to do with this.  VATSIM owns and/or controls all of the FSD servers.  Even though there are multiple FSD servers in the USA, the division has no interaction with it.

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Server Disconnects
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:35:40 PM »
Quote from: Melinda Romig
As both a controller on VATSIM and a pilot, I wanted to comment on the service interruptions. It truly is getting annoying. I was working on getting in a few flights today and spoke to VATGOV5 ( I think it was ) who too was experiencing a lot of boots. USA-S3 I am getting dropped relentlessly, USA-SE keeps timing out and USA-W unable to connect to. ( Connection refused ) The only server that I am able to hold a solid connection to is UK.

As a pilot this is more than annoying. Enjoying the company of other pilots is what we're all here for. Does VATSIM / VATUSA have a solution for this?

Sincerely,
Melinda Romig
ZMA_MR
Melinda,

You didn't mention anything about the other servers. You are still permitted to connect to the remaining ones and see how they work out.

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
Server Disconnects
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 06:54:43 AM »
If I'm not mistaken they took S3 server down yesterday because of some issues, including disconnects.

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44018