FlightSimCon 2015

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
FlightSimCon 2015
« on: June 03, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »

We are only 10 days out from FlightSimCon 2015! VATSIM will be represented by multiple sub-divisions of the organization, including Virtual Boston and New York ARTCCs. We will have two separate booths (side by side) demonstrating both sides of the network (both pilot and ATC). Our VATSIM-specific controlling software, pilot clients, and much more will be on display. Additionally, students, senior controllers, and staff will all be there to answer your questions and show you what VATSIM is all about.

Be advised that, as you would imagine, to properly demonstrate the software, we have to be online controlling! With that said, both Virtual Boston and New York ARTCCs will be staffed throughout the weekend virtually the entire time we are at FlightSimCon 2015. This acts as a major hint to all of you pilots that are looking for some quality, professional ATC over the weekend. Disclaimer: This is not an official VATSIM event and we cannot guarantee ATC throughout the entire weekend, so please don't be upset if you get on and we aren't online. What I can guarantee is that we will be online a very good amount of the weekend and you will be able to catch us at some point I'm sure.

Speaking of flying during FlightSimCon, Canadian Xpress Virtual is hosting a fly-in at 1530z on the first day of the event (June 13th). They are inviting any and all pilots to join as they fly into KBDL to simulate flying to FlightSimCon! Please feel free to join in on the fun (banner below).

Well, I believe that covers it all folks. All other information can be found on the FlightSimCon website. Last but certainly not least, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for live updates, pictures, news, and more. We certainly hope you enjoy the event both online and in person. Hope to see you there!

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Re: FlightSimCon 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 06:14:40 PM »
End of ‪FlightSimCon 2015! Thank you to the FlightSimCon planning team along with all exhibitors, speakers, guests, sponsors, media, and more for making the event what it was. I know we can speak for VATSIM as a whole when we say that we had a fantastic time and look forward to doing so again next year.

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: FlightSimCon 2015
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 08:59:16 PM »
And, thank you to all VATSIM members who participated, particularly the ZBW crew for taking the lead in coordinating and supporting this event!
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA