Website Drop-Down Problems

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Website Drop-Down Problems
« on: October 13, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »
Not sure if its just me, but I tried 3 different browsers and even tried my phone and I still can't get the dropdowns to work under "My VATUSA" on the website. I'm attempting to assign an exam for a student but am unable to do so because I can't get the dropdown to work. This has been happening more and more often for me recently.

Thanks,

Re: Website Drop-Down Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 09:25:49 AM »
Not sure if its just me, but I tried 3 different browsers and even tried my phone and I still can't get the dropdowns to work under "My VATUSA" on the website. I'm attempting to assign an exam for a student but am unable to do so because I can't get the dropdown to work. This has been happening more and more often for me recently.

Thanks,

The programming from the developers in the past requires the page to be fully loaded before the drop downs become functional.  This includes EVERY event banner.  A new site is in progress that will rectify a almost all of these issues.  You just need to give it a bit of time to finish downloading the event banners as sometimes those are what are causing the hang ups.  I found hitting escape and then refresh sometimes works.  I'm not eager to rewrite the old site to fix this issue, unfortunately.  I may have to do it, but I'd rather spend the time finishing up the new site instead.

Camden Bruno

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Re: Website Drop-Down Problems
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:13:38 PM »
Thank you for the explanation, Dan. I appreciate your timely response.