VATUSA Exams

Tod Allison

• Members
    • View Profile
VATUSA Exams
« on: January 19, 2010, 01:40:57 AM »
I just passed my C-1 written exam.  Here is a problem I've seen with the last couple exams (C-1 and S-3 rating written exams) that I have taken.

VATUSA has study information for students to study before taking the exam.  The problem with this is the majority of the exam questions cannot be found in the study material!.   After working in the Nuclear Power industry for 20 years and knowing how the rules for exams are there (as well as when I took my ATP-Dispatcher exam this last summer), any question that is on the test bank that isn't in the training material should be excluded.  

The test bank questions should all be based on the training reference material given on VATUSA's Training Resource Center.  From what I have seen, this is not the case.  If VATUSA is wanting people to be tested on all of the questions for each rating that are in the exam bank for that rating, there should be study/reference material covering those questions.

Although I know where to find the answers to the questions, eg. 7110.65, etc., the TRC doesn't give that information.  This is something that needs to be looked into and fixed.
Tod Allison
USMC 1977-1987
ZAU C1
WWA Sr. Command Captain

Michael Hodge Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://training.vatusa.net
VATUSA Exams
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:02:08 AM »
This is something that we are looking into and being fixed. This is the next priority in the big list of things to fix. (First was the TRC)