Exclusive Review Of FSX Version Of Freeware Dash 7

Aharon Dayan

• Members
    • View Profile
Exclusive Review Of FSX Version Of Freeware Dash 7
« on: March 08, 2019, 09:55:20 AM »
Shaom and greetings all my pals,

Allow me to present very exclusive review of freeware FSX Port-over de Havilland Dash 7 year model base designed by Milton Shupe, panel by Scott Thomas, textures by Mike Kelly, flight models by Bernt Stolle and Tom Falley, and sounds by Nigel Richards using the flight from BIAR Akureyri Airport located 1.9 miles south of the town center of Akureyri, Iceland to BIRK Reykjavík Airport located 1.2 miles from from the city centre of  Reykjavík which the capital of Iceland.

Many thanks to the famous Dash 7 model base inventor Milton Shupe for giving me plenty of assistance and advice how to prepare my first flight within Iceland abroad Dash 7 

Here is my beautiful office of Dash 7!!

Check out the cargo and passenger sections awaiting for load up of cargo and passengers!

Read the important rules

The seat is COMFY!!!!!

At the passenger apron of Akureyri Airport (brrrrrr  very cold)

Check out cool loading of cargo and passengers!!

Engines started and turning on all required lights.  I would like to let all of you know about special different method that Dash 7 is using that all other planes never use which is always to have spoiler flaps fully deployed upwards during taxi to runway or from runway.  According to exclusive statement from the Dash 7 model inventor Shupe, he said "According to real world Dash 7 pilots on all the Dash 7 projects, the spoilers were usually up for taxi operations, and they would take active when they were up causing ATC's much heartburn. Once you apply throttle greater than 50-60% (if I recall correctly), they auto-retract in the RW and with this model as well." 

If you do not feel comfortable leaving spoliers upward or you are afraid you would forget to retract them before take off, you can use on the cockpit panel to switch flip the level from taxi to flight before starting to taxi and there will be digital lightened announcement on the panel that says "UNLOCKED SPOLIERS". And it retracts the spoiler flaps!!!

Starting the engines of Dash 7 is similiar to starting engines of Lockheed Electra

After take off from runway 19 now airborne on climb to 14,000 ft with background view of hills of Park Kjarnaskogur

Leaving background view of the airport, its city, and its bay called Eyjafjordur

Still on climb and the Dash 7 model base has beautiful smooth take off and climb without any problem

Check out beautiful cockpit

Making sure all passengers are very comfy

Checking all gauges to be sure everything is okay and on correct route called NB1A NB G4 REKVA TIBRA

Beautiful view of engines as well as a tiny town in middle of nowhere in Iceland (wondering how they survive and live in such conditions)

Nice tail!!!

Cruising at FL140 past few Icelandic towns

Look at moon

More Icelandic towns

I thought I was hallucinating when I actually saw the pilots' heads moving and turning sideways during my first Dash 7 flight. When asked Dash 7 modeller Shupe about this, he replied "Yes, the pilots are animated in your version." meaning that it is first time that a freeware add on plane features pilots' sideway moving heads!!!

Cruising

Nice sunrise

Time to descent!!

Entering clouds to pass through during descent

Making left turn to get ready for final runway approach to runway 13

Heading to Iceland's capital city where you can see street lights ahead

Passing high hill of Golfklúbbur - Seltjarnarnes where you can see road called Sudurstrond

On final approach to runway 13 with nice view of sunrise

Check out entire city landscape of the capital of Iceland

Yes  Dash 7 has weird helicopter style runway approach which is normal

I am sorry that I am unable to find on Google maps the identity of this pyramid building but any Icelandic resident can tell you name of that building

Getting closer to runway 13

Seconds before touchdown (look at the pilot turning his face toward airport spotting photographers to say hello to them)

TOUCHDOWN

Braking down

Here is BEAUTY PART and IRREFUTABLE PROOF of Dash 7's AMAZING ability to stop very very very short after landing (look at the distance from beginning of runway to distance of the plane exiting from runway)

Taxiing to gate (look at spoilers remaining deployed upward)

Arriving at passenger apron

Unloading cargo and passengers

Thank you for viewing this flight report and please stay tuned for next exciting flight!

Regards,

Aharon

Odinn Tor

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Exclusive Review Of FSX Version Of Freeware Dash 7
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 11:02:04 AM »
As an Icelandic resident that has done that flight many times in rw it looks like you were landing runway 19 so you were actually flying over a town called Akranes (just looked the wrong way) and that road is called Þjóðvegur 1 or Hringvegur as some people call it but it goes around Iceland but the pyramid you saw is just a terrain glitch.

Aharon Dayan

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:05:51 PM »
As an Icelandic resident that has done that flight many times in rw it looks like you were landing runway 19

Looks like you might be right about runway 19 and my apologies for misidentifying the runway as runway 13.

And re-examination of the Google maps show me that you are correct about highway route number 1 Þjóðvegur. But I believe I passed the town of Grundarhverfi based on your correction, not Akranes. Please confirm if this is correct or not.

Once again many thanks for correcting me and my apologies to you and anyone for misidentifying runway number and approach path. Sometimes Google maps FOOL me.

Regards,

Aharon

Odinn Tor

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 03:10:48 PM »
It looks like Grundarhverfi is on the otherside of the fjord but then again default Iceland scenery is horrible and doesn't put towns where they are supposed to be.

Aharon Dayan

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
It looks like Grundarhverfi is on the otherside of the fjord but then again default Iceland scenery is horrible and doesn't put towns where they are supposed to be.

Okay no problem and thanks for correcting me and for great help, Odinn.

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon Dayan

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 02:21:15 PM »
Odinn,

People told me that pyramid could be meant to represent the church https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallgr%C3%ADmskirkja

Odinn Tor

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »
I can't tell because your zoomed in on the plane but it might be.