AFV audio issues

Simon Ramirez

• Mentors
    • View Profile
AFV audio issues
« on: June 03, 2020, 04:58:03 PM »
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere other than the VATSIM forums but I’ve noticed lately that AFV has been really spotty, by that I mean it cuts the end of my transmitions or pilots volumes randomly spike, I’ve also noticed it’s more apparent depending on what server I’m on, I’ve read the VATSIM forums and someone said they were having issues hearing pilots which I’ve had as well, but I’m wondering if anyone else has been having the same problem

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: AFV audio issues
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 09:04:22 AM »
For right now, the volume spiking issue seems to be related to setting your output volume above zero. I haven't had the issue happen at all, and I have mine set to zero. Some people are reporting that they have to lower it all the way to -72 to avoid the issue.  If you can leave the output setting alone in your pilot or AFV client and boost the volume through either your Windows Mixer or a virtual mixing board software instead, that may help with that problem.

Evan Reiter

• Instructors
    • View Profile
    • Boston Virtual ARTCC
Re: AFV audio issues
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 09:54:09 AM »
I've been having a lot of issues where the client will "half crash". I'll be able to transmit, and the "TX" will light up, but I won't be able to hear incoming transmissions. This will continue until I click the "X" button to try to restart the client, at which point I get a JIT error notification. It seems to happen more often when I'm listening to a second frequency in addition to working my own.

I guess next time I should try to grab the error and report it...