KSLC SKEES Arrival Shortcuts

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
KSLC SKEES Arrival Shortcuts
« on: August 13, 2020, 09:36:58 AM »
Pilots: We (at KSLC) have had a significant amount of aircraft this year cut HINKY out of their routing and go straight to IRRON after BOOOT. (image attached)

We use to think that pilots just willingly being negligent but given the amount of times this has happened, I wonder if it is problem with NAVDATA in some sims.

Could I get some pilots here to test FSX, P3D, X-plane 11, and then NAVIGRAPH to make sure HINKY is programmed into the route and then furthermore, could you fly the SKEES arrival and see if the FMS decides to treat HINKY as a Fly-By waypoint?

A normal clearance from ATC would happen when you are around BEARR and it would be “Descend via the SKEES5 arrival. At IRRON, cleared ILS RWY 16L Approach”.

Please send an email to [email protected] with your results.

If this ends up not being a sim issue or NAVDATA issue, this this a big problem in this area that I would hope that VAs that fly in/out of KSLC would bring light to this situation... we NEED you to fly to HINKY unless we give you a shortcut for many reason and one of them being separation... so like... the one thing we are responsible for haha!
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: KSLC SKEES Arrival Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »
X-Plane 11.41, FlightFactor 757-200, Navigraph nav data AIRAC 2008 (which expires today) including the separate data manager entry for "X-Plane GNS430, FF757/767/777, X-Crafts Embraer E-175, Aerobask SkyView, JRollon Planes CRJ200,{...}".  Everything looks right to me.  HINKY is included.  Screenshots taken before I adjusted route for discontinuities; relevant one is attached here.  I'll email you the full set.
Cheers,
-R.

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »
Rob, i got your email and I agree that this seems to be pilot error. Thanks for taking the time to look through all of that data!
Best Regards,
Kyle Sanders

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 06:47:52 PM »
Depends on how FSX/P3D/PMDG or other X-Plane add-ons handle it, but at least the combo I described seems to load it properly.
Cheers,
-R.