Odin Morris

• ZID Staff
    • View Profile
« on: March 21, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »
This is my first time being an ATC in a sim. Or being in a sim for that matter. I took the open book test and passed it. I went to sign up for the ARTCC of my choice and it wouldn't let me log in after I signed up. Is there a waiting period before I can log in? I also do not have my ALIAS or POF files, could anybody tell me how I get those?
Odin Morris
Deputy Air Traffic Manager
vZID - Indianapolis ARTCC

Josh Glottmann

• Mentors
    • View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »
Hey Odin, welcome to VATUSA!
What is the error you are getting when trying to sign in? I see that you already have joined ZID today.
In regards to the sector, pof, and aliases files, those should be provided by ZID on their website.

Good Luck!

Odin Morris

• ZID Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 01:10:50 PM »
What is the error you are getting when trying to sign in? I see that you already have joined ZID today.
In regards to the sector, pof, and aliases files, those should be provided by ZID on their website.

Good Luck!

When I attempt to sign in it says that my account has not yet been authorized. I wasn't sure if this was normal or not. Can you specify where to find the pof and alias files because I only could find the sector.

Thanks!
Odin Morris

Russell DeSpain

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 01:11:55 PM »

Good Luck!

Hi, Odin! Glad you have you! I'm the Facilities Engineer for Indy Center! Be on the lookout for a welcome email from David Stone, the Air Traffic Manager, soon regarding login information for the TeamSpeak server where you will find all of the files you will need.

See you soon!
Russell DeSpain
ZID Facilities Engineer - C1
VATSIM P1 Pilot

Josh Glottmann

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 01:24:34 PM »
Can you specify where to find the pof and alias files because I only could find the sector.
I just looked on their website and couldn't find anything. I have a hunch (95% certain) that you'll need your account to be approved before you have access to these. If you have the sector file, it's really the only thing you need to observe for the time being. As Russel said, wait for David to approve your account and you'll likely be set.

Odin Morris

• ZID Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 01:42:06 PM »
Okay, thank you both for the help!
Odin Morris

Joe VanMeter

• Instructors
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 06:50:10 PM »
Hi Odin, I'm the webmaster for ZID. First of all welcome to ZID and I look forward to meeting you soon. As Russell mentioned, be on the lookout for an email from David Stone. I have activated your account on the website.
Joe VanMeter
vZID ARTCC