Where's Management?

Salvatore Barcia

• Members
    • View Profile
Where's Management?
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2011, 04:45:36 PM »
This is the first time I'm comenting on this situation. I honestly feel that no one needs to know why certain staff member aren't logged onto the network enough. The Vatusa Staff has been doing a great job, but some people don't see this. These jobs are volunteer, and these gentlemen go beyond their duties. Last night was a perfect example of showing where the management is. We had a meeting discussing how to make the training better for you, the students. A few VATUSA staff members, ATMs, DATMs, TAs, and other staff members were present in a teamspeak server for 2 hours and better. So let's not worry why they aren't seen on Vatspy, or on our controller list, let's apprectiatd what they do for the division on a daily basis; whether its behind the scenes or not.

That's my $.02
Salvatore Christopher  Barcia
Cross the Gulf President
ACE Team Member
Miami ARTCC

[img]http://www.vatsim.net/badges/atc1o.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

Bryan Wollenberg

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.laartcc.org
Where's Management?
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2011, 04:47:02 PM »
Quote from: Callum McLoughlin
VATSIM UK has an excellent training website which allows students to post their availablity on various dates and times, the mentor then logs in and sees the request and can pick from the availability before picking up the session.

Various ARTCCs within VATUSA have this too.  I can't imagine why something that would need to be done on the divisional level.
Bryan Wollenberg
Retired North America Regional Director

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Where's Management?
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »
Quote from: Anthony Baker
If artccs would use the TRC then add in the local flavor training would take 3 weeks vs 3 months.
Anthony,

I would agree with you that it would shorten training. But please don't make unsupported statements like "If ARTCCs would do this...and that..." without knowing what other ARTCCs actually do. We do use the TRC in Denver, and it does shorten training. I know a few other ARTCCs that do so as well. Currently the problem is the fact that we can't update it, which is completely outside of ARTCC control.

Policy approvals take less than a week when submitted to VATUSA RDs. Months for an activity policy is not the fault of your RD.

Michael Hodge Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://training.vatusa.net
Where's Management?
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2011, 06:56:17 PM »
Quote from: Harold Rutila
Currently the problem is the fact that we can't update it, which is completely outside of ARTCC control.

Why not? ATMs/DATMs/TAs can update it, unless something has changed in the last year, but it shouldn't have. The whole premise of making it a wiki to begin with was so that it could be updated.

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Where's Management?
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »
Quote from: Michael Hodge Jr
Why not? ATMs/DATMs/TAs can update it, unless something has changed in the last year, but it shouldn't have. The whole premise of making it a wiki to begin with was so that it could be updated.
Mike,

As far as I'm aware, none of our logins work anymore. Other than that I don't know what the status is.

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
Where's Management?
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2011, 07:52:36 PM »
A while back I emailed Gary regarding this and the answer I got was he didn't have access. Not sure if that's changed since.
Brian Pryor

Michael Hodge Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://training.vatusa.net
Where's Management?
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2011, 08:30:17 PM »
If I recall correctly, when I wrote the synced up login functionality, i set it up so you had to first log into the vatusa website, and then once you go the TRC it would auto log you in, once you had a valid session for the main site. If the TRC is broken, that's a problem, and since I was the one who coded the integration peice for it in the first place, i would be very very happy to help fix it. Seems like a lot of work wasted if it's not working properly.

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
Where's Management?
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
Quote from: Michael Hodge Jr
If I recall correctly, when I wrote the synced up login functionality, i set it up so you had to first log into the vatusa website, and then once you go the TRC it would auto log you in, once you had a valid session for the main site. If the TRC is broken, that's a problem, and since I was the one who coded the integration peice for it in the first place, i would be very very happy to help fix it. Seems like a lot of work wasted if it's not working properly.
The TRC access has been restored and is functioning properly...it took a while but we got it sorted out.
Gary Millsaps - VATUSA1
"Mr. Charles Darwin had the balls to ask... yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." R.E.M.