VFR Comms - Voice Controlled

Raymond Smith

• Members
    • View Profile
VFR Comms - Voice Controlled
« on: September 19, 2018, 06:45:22 AM »
Hi

I've written a program that is aimed at VFR pilots, interfaces with vPilot and is voice controlled.

Its primary use is to generate text messages for while on Unicom based on users input and covers all phases of flight. The messages are then sent to vPilot. Messages are based on UK messages used by VFR pilots.

Its secondary use is as a guide to what to say to online ATC at each stage of the flight.

All the commands are voice activated although there are buttons as a fallback.

The program is free and is available to download from www.penray.co.uk, where there is an online manual and two tutorial videos showing its use for circuits and departures.

The software has been tested on Windows 10 64bt and .Net version 4.5.

I would welcome feedback on your experience so I can make it better.

Regards

Ray

Clifford Carnicom

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: VFR Comms - Voice Controlled
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 10:34:26 PM »
Ray,

Very clever and clean work here, thank you for making this available.  I am a new VATSIM user as well as virtual VFR student pilot, so the program also has great educational value for me.  Thanks very kindly, I am working my little computer pretty hard but I will explore to see if I can bring it active into the software suite.  Likely also a read time saver.
I wonder if keyboard commands could be used to navigate and use the program also, as part of the reason that I use text is that I may not have a microphone available and also want and need to save bandwidth on my minimal net connections.  Thanks for all that you have done and are working on here. 

Matthew Kosmoski

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: VFR Comms - Voice Controlled
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 12:18:13 PM »
Ray,

Very clever and clean work here, thank you for making this available.  I am a new VATSIM user as well as virtual VFR student pilot, so the program also has great educational value for me.  Thanks very kindly, I am working my little computer pretty hard but I will explore to see if I can bring it active into the software suite.  Likely also a read time saver.
I wonder if keyboard commands could be used to navigate and use the program also, as part of the reason that I use text is that I may not have a microphone available and also want and need to save bandwidth on my minimal net connections.  Thanks for all that you have done and are working on here.

Bear in mind that UK and US phraseology have significant differences.  If you plan to primarily fly in the US, you may want to not use a UK-based tool as a primary learning aid.