http://www.vatusa.net/join.php

Alex

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
S1 controller
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »
Or, since you just transferred back into the Chicago ARTCC today, you can take a look at whatever instructions were provided to you in your welcome email, and follow them....
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Alex Nadasi

• Members
    • View Profile
S1 controller
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
Quote from: Don Desfosse
Or, since you just transferred back into the Chicago ARTCC today, you can take a look at whatever instructions were provided to you in your welcome email, and follow them....

+1

Nate Coffield

• Members
    • View Profile
S1 controller
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 02:32:34 PM »
Brandon,

Everything you need to know and do is included in your welcome emails from vZAU.  Take some time to read through all of the material and you will be on course to controlling before you know it.

Nate.

Henry Kirk

• Members
    • View Profile
S1 controller
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 01:31:46 PM »
Hey Brandon.....Although I am only an S2 working on my Major Airport, I can relate and offer you a little insight. First of all, I was a bit frustrated when my assigned instructor was out of town for two weeks and no one told me until he came back. Since then, I have been able to schedule a session once a week. Now then the part that I think you need to consider is that in the real world the process takes time.  The major attraction of this simulation is that it is as real world as possible and therefor the training takes time.  When I went to flight school, I wanted to solo day one....it doesn't happen, I wanted my license right away, it takes time.  It is a lot harder to be a controller than I ever thought, you really have to know what you are doing and I can tell you that only practice gives you the tools to be a controller.  Enthusiasm,  is wonderful, but you have have patience for the training and then more patience to learn the position really well before moving on the the next position.  This is a wonderful simulation, I do hope you give it the time it deserves.
Henry