Linked Events

• Party on Beale Street: June 03, 2016

Party On Beale Street

Corey Burt

• Members
    • View Profile
Party On Beale Street
« on: March 10, 2016, 10:40:28 AM »

Come and join ZME as we host our 3rd annual "Party on Beale Street" for Friday Night Operations on June 3rd from 2300z-0400z featuring Memphis International (KMEM). We want you to come and give us Memphis controllers all we can handle from VFR to IFR.We are sure to have a blast full of ZME "Southern Hospitality" and of course great barbeque!

We will be giving away 4 copies of the brand new FSDT Memphis to two pilots that fly into FNO.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:25:47 AM by Corey Burt »

Andrew Call

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Party On Beale Street
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 11:32:35 AM »
Should be a fun night!

Corey Burt

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 10:10:00 PM »
Attention all pilots we will be raffling off 4 copies of KMEM FSDT during the event all you have to do is fly in to KMEM to be eligible. I hope to see all our pilots on Friday for what we believe will be our busiest FNO ever!.

Pilot Tip: The Passenger Terminal is not that big if those gates fill up use the FDX parking in the north area of the airport

See you all there!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:09:23 AM by Corey Burt »

Sergio Lopez

• Members
    • View Profile
    • vZMA ARTCC
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 11:50:48 PM »
Where will the winner be announced?

David Woodward

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 05:41:48 AM »
Hi guys!

Corey put me in charge of dishing out the free scenery. In order to be completely transparent, I did it by selecting some times before the event. The first pilot noted to log on at the selected times received the scenery.

I know of at least two pilot who complained that the scenery was distributed before the end of the event. However the last one was given out with a log on just 20 minutes before the event end, which I feel is quite reasonable.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

Stu Limont
FE ZME

Andrew Doubleday

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Minneapolis ARTCC
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »
Honestly, wouldn't this have made more sense to give out four copies to four different people (why would one person need two keys? Plus, from a marketing standpoint, it would have been better to target more pilots)? Secondly, it would have been really easy to log into the VATSIM statistics database, filter the event times when people were flying into MEM (didn't think flying out counted based on how this initially read, hence the reason a number of us flew in rather than out), and then randomly select 4 people from that list. This would have made far more sense and should have happened after the event was over and then results posted on the forum so people weren't left in the dark.

Just some food for thought... for future reference.