Regarding Basic Exam

Toby Turlington

• Members
    • View Profile
    • VATSIM North America Region
Regarding Basic Exam
« on: June 03, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
Good Afternoon,

I have been inactive from VATSIM for the past 4 years. During the past week, I have gotten myself back onto the network again.
I took the Basic Exam back in 2007 and failed, reason: I didn't know it was open book and I did study for a few days prior to taking it at that time.

As I have seen in other threads, after you fail, the basic exam should allow you to re-take it after 7 days. I never did find a thread that listed on who to contact if the system does not allow you to retake after 7 days.
My situation: I came back after 4 years and it will not allow me to retake the basic exam.
I have sent an application for ZMP ARTCC on their website 3 days ago but have not been contacted, for me, no big deal. I probably need to pass the basic exam before i can apply over at the Minneapolis ARTCC site.

Question is: Who would I contact to get the basic exam reinstated in order to retake?

-Toby L. Turlington
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 02:44:44 PM by Toby Turlington »

Logan Gloss

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Regarding Basic Exam
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 07:42:39 PM »
Hi Toby,

You first need to login to the VATUSA website.

From there you need to:

1. Request a transfer into the Minneapolis ARTCC (http://www.vatusa.net/req_transfer.php). This is the PRIMARY means for membership on our roster.

2. You will receive an automated email to your VATSIM email address on-file with our welcome packet and instructions on getting started.

3. From there you will be assigned the necessary exams which you will need to complete and will begin your training process.

As always, feel free to email me at [email protected] with any questions or concerns which you may encounter. I will also email this response directly to your email as well.

Toby Turlington

• Members
    • View Profile
Regarding Basic Exam
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 11:24:43 PM »
Logan,

Thank you sir. I will be in touch with you via email. A reply has been sent regarding an issue.

Toby

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
Regarding Basic Exam
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 05:08:17 AM »
Toby,

You've got mail...

Toby Turlington

• Members
    • View Profile
Regarding Basic Exam
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 10:42:08 AM »
Thank you sir

Toby Turlington

• Members
    • View Profile
Regarding Basic Exam
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:36:59 AM »
Basic Exam has been completed with a score of 88 and Minneapolis ARTCC has been selected. Thank you for your help gentlemen.

Matthew Bartels

• Members
    • View Profile
Regarding Basic Exam
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 06:18:26 PM »
Quote from: Toby Turlington
Basic Exam has been completed with a score of 88 and Minneapolis ARTCC has been selected. Thank you for your help gentlemen.

Congratulations! We look forward to having you at ZMP!

Toby Turlington

• Members
    • View Profile
Regarding Basic Exam
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 11:32:41 PM »
Thank you sir, I look forward to being part of the ZMP Team