Linked Events

• Operation Good Cheer: December 03, 2022

[03 Dec 2359 -0400z] Operation Good Cheer

Jonathan Johnson

• ZOB Staff
    • View Profile
[03 Dec 2359 -0400z] Operation Good Cheer
« on: August 02, 2022, 02:14:31 PM »

Last year marked the 50th anniversary of the Operation Good Cheer event, and this year the Child and Family Services of Michigan want to make it the biggest year yet!

The CFSM's "Operation Good Cheer" is an event where Donor groups and individuals purchase and wrap Christmas gifts from a child's "Wish List". At donor sites, these gifts are picked up, loaded and transported by volunteer trucking companies and their drivers to a centrally located airport. Volunteer pilots and drivers use their aircrafts and vehicles to transport gifts to local airports across Michigan. At each airport, foster agency volunteers gather the gifts and deliver them to the children and youth in foster care. This impressive display of generosity provides thousands of youth, some of whom would not receive anything otherwise, with gifts and the joy of knowing there are people who care.

And ZOB wants to help! Further details and information will be provided but we'll be giving away FOUR copies of the IniScene KBUF airport that was released this year for Microsoft Flight Simulator (details on how to win TBD)!

All we ask in return is that you consider donating to this awesome cause to benefit the children this Christmas.

So get those presents loaded up at PTK as we'll be staffing PTK, LAN, MKG, and AZO from 2359z to 0400z!

Entry form for the giveaway is here and also listed below!!
https://forms.gle/tDbcMFPQR6dyQWiM9
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 05:16:19 PM by Jonathan Johnson »

Jonathan Johnson
Cleveland ARTCC Events Coordinator
VATUSA Events Team
[email protected]

Jonathan Johnson

• ZOB Staff
    • View Profile
Re: [03 Dec 2359 -0400z] Operation Good Cheer
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 07:50:08 AM »
Hey everyone! We are now less than a week away from the event!!

Just to give everyone a heads up, here's the details on the giveaway and how you can enter in for a chance to win the iniScene KBUF for Microsoft Flight Simulator!

Cleveland ARTCC will be giving away four copies of iniScene KBUF. Two going to pilots, two going to controllers. For pilots, the rules are simple:

1. You must fly between any of the fields featured (KPTK, KLAN, KMKG, KAZO) during the event time (24z-04z)
2. In your pilot remarks, put #SpreadGoodCheer

On the day of the event, I'll be posting a form for entry, so once you've completed your flight(s) just fill out the form and you'll be all set :). Please note this is one entry per person, so multiple flights, while encouraged, won't count towards extra entries.

Then, on Sunday (the day after the event), I'll notify the winners who will have 24 hours to respond and claim their prize. If someone doesn't respond, I'll go down to the next person on the list.

For controllers, more information will be posted soon :).

Thank you all and have a great holiday season!!!

Jonathan Johnson
VATUSA Events Team
[email protected]

Jonathan Johnson

• ZOB Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 05:15:37 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!! Here's the Pilot giveaway form for tonight!!

https://forms.gle/tDbcMFPQR6dyQWiM9

I'm going to to the drawing for the event tomorrow night (7PM Eastern), so 24 hours after event start to give time for submissions, after which I'll notify the winners. If a winner (or winners) don't claim their prize in 24 hours, then I'll move on to someone else and give them 24 hours.

I hope you all have a great time tonight!!

Jonathan Johnson
VATUSA Events Team
[email protected]

Jonathan Johnson

• ZOB Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 06:29:12 PM »
Hey everyone!! Thanks to all who flew last night and for the fun that was had! As promised here's the winners:

1. Bowdy Searle
2. Nabeel Vali

I'll be sending out the messages/e-mails shortly. Thanks again!!!

Jonathan Johnson
VATUSA Events Team
[email protected]