« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »
Evan, you know I’m game..feel free to text or call as well [redacted]

What if Cat Facts wants to text you?

Robert Reifsnyder

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: FlightSimExpo Announces 2018 Date and Location
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 10:54:50 PM »
I just registered and booked a room for this. I'd love to help represent Vatusa and ZAB. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Robert Reifsnyder
Albuquerque ARTCC

Evan Reiter

• Instructors
    • View Profile
    • Boston Virtual ARTCC
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 11:32:04 PM »
I just registered and booked a room for this. I'd love to help represent Vatusa and ZAB. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Great!

Matt and I are supposed to chat soon about how VATUSA is going to be involved. As soon as I have an idea of what direction VATUSA wants us to go in, I'll reach out.

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC Community Manager
[email protected]

Matthew Bartels

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 01:46:57 AM »
For those of  you who did not see the announcement in the news forum. VATUSA has formally announced our participation and is actively seeking members to participate on the display team. Please check the following threads for more information.

https://forums.vatusa.net/index.php?topic=7736.0
https://forums.vatusa.net/index.php?topic=7737.0
Matt Bartels - MT
VP Marketing and Communication
VATSIM Board of Governors

Robert Reifsnyder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 02:37:41 AM »
For those of  you who did not see the announcement in the news forum. VATUSA has formally announced our participation and is actively seeking members to participate on the display team. Please check the following threads for more information.

https://forums.vatusa.net/index.php?topic=7736.0
https://forums.vatusa.net/index.php?topic=7737.0

Matt, I just want to verify if you received my email or not. Mine has been acting a little funky.
Robert Reifsnyder
Albuquerque ARTCC

Brad Littlejohn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 01:33:25 AM »
Oh, wait.. I forgot.. there's the parking area parallel next to the 26s at KLAS, with ATC piped in over FM radio.. that's a much harder place to be pulled from! ;)
Can you tell me more about this, or toss me a web link? Sounds like something we should definitely be telling attendees about.

I'll do better.

Here's a screenshot. What you are seeing is Sunset Road, parallel to runways 8R/26L and 8L/26R at KLAS. That portion down at the bottom that says "McCarran International Airport Aircraft Observation Area" is a parking lot where you can park and watch planes arrive and depart. It is packed when Configuration #1 is in use (Landing 26L, 19L/R, departing 19L/R and 26R). In the screenshot there, you also see the sign that says "Tune your radio to 101.1FM to monitor ATC communication". They broadcast KLAS Tower over that channel on your radio (only for the 8s/26s, which is on 119.9), so you can listen directly to the tower from your car stereo, while any other scanner you have, you can tune to the other tower, Ground, Ramp control, Clearance, or any of the frequencies of the TRACON (the TRACON is co-hosted at KLAS).

They also do the same at KVGT, which is 12 miles northwest. That is on North Decatur Blvd, between Rancho Drive and Cheyenne Avenue. That is more of a small park as well, but broadcasts over the same FM radio channel, and has you tucked between the approach ends of runway 7 and runways 12L/R. 101.1FM there gets you KVGT Tower, on 125.7.

Definitely worth picking up something to eat and just hanging out there, as you'll see a LOT of traffic, and see how well we simulate the big boys.

BL.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 02:00:34 AM by Brad Littlejohn »

Evan Reiter

• Instructors
    • View Profile
    • Boston Virtual ARTCC
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »
Many of us have seen the news below on various FS news outlets including ADX this week, but I wanted to re-post it here just in case. Highlights:

• FSExpo now has more than 35 confirmed exhibitors.
  • A new announcement we've just made is "The Squawkbox", a meet-and-greet booth on the exhibitor floor that will feature a number of speakers, experts, and scenery developers.
  • Confirmation that PMDG’s Robert S. Randazzo will be speaking at the event, announcing the world premiere of a new PMDG product line that has been in planning and development since 2008 but has never been announced to the public.
  • Remember to check out the FlightSimExpo Facebook and Twitter pages this week; from Monday to Friday at 11am ET, you'll have a chance to win hotel upgrades, flight simulation add-ons, and other great prizes: https://www.facebook.com/FlightSimExpo/.

JOIN MORE THAN 35 EXHIBITORS AT FLIGHTSIMEXPO: JUNE 9-10, 2018 AT FLAMINGO LAS VEGAS RESORT

FlightSimExpo is connecting flight simulation enthusiasts from across the country and around the world. Pilots, air traffic controllers, aviation professionals, and simmers of all ages can register now at www.flightsimexpo.com.

LAS VEGAS – April 5, 2018 – The biggest names in at-home flight simulation are coming to Las Vegas this summer! Aerosoft, FlyJSim, Infinite Flight, Laminar Research, NATCA, Navigraph, Orbx, PilotEdge, PILOT’S, Prepar3D, REX Game Studios, simMarket, and many more are sponsors and exhibitors for FlightSimExpo 2018. Connect with other like-minded enthusiasts, learn from a variety of speakers and panelists, and enjoy the ultimate “try before you buy” experience: this is the event for virtual aviators.

FlightSimExpo is a conference and tradeshow. Exhibitors will be displaying the latest in flight simulation and aviation technology in the 15,000 square foot exhibit hall. Attendees will be able to try out simulators and new products from developers across the industry, meet air traffic controllers, and learn about local non-profit aviation organizations. The event runs all day on Saturday, June 9 and until 3pm on Sunday, June 10.

Alongside more than 35 exhibitors, the conference will feature education-oriented seminars and presentations from a panel of Twitch streamers, PMDG’s Robert S. Randazzo, CFII Jason Miller, Captain John Cox, home cockpit builders Matt Ford and Tom Gauvin, and more! The event will open with the New Release Announcement Seminar, a 30-minute overview of the latest developments in simulation. Following this session, seminars and panel discussions take place all weekend.

In The Squawkbox, attendees will be able to meet and interact with several flight simulation personalities and experts in a one-on-one format. Ask questions and learn more about freeware (David Waldron), multiplayer and shared cockpit (Dave Hodges), avionics (Ken Smith), scenery design (three developers from Orbx), and more. The Squawkbox will be located on the main exhibit floor, just next to the conference room.

“There’s something for everyone at this event,” said Evan Reiter, co-founder of FlightSimExpo. “Attendees can meet developers, engage in learning-oriented seminars, or chat one-on-one with experts in The Squawkbox. And if you have a co-pilot with you who perhaps isn’t all that into simulation, there’s world-class shopping, dining, attractions, and of course gaming to keep anyone entertained!”

At the event, Attendees will have the opportunity to win prizes donated by FlyTampa, FS2Crew, Genovation, PilotsEYE, Stay Level Avionix, Thrustmaster, and X-Crafts. But there’s no need to wait until then: FlightSimExpo High Five will give anyone the chance to win a tour of Nellis Air Force Base, hotel upgrades, and other prizes during the week of April 9! Like FlightSimExpo on Facebook and look for the first chance to win at 8:00am PT (1500z) April 9.

There are great activities to do in Las Vegas before and after the conference. Just by registering, attendees can get discounts on flying a full motion Boeing 737 NG simulator, helicopter tours of the Strip, and indoor skydiving. WestJet has offered a 15% discount to event attendees travelling within North America. And for attendees coming from out-of-town, staying at the host hotel is as low as $59/night (plus tax) before and after the conference. There’s great planespotting, lots of natural excursions, museums, and fantastic free attractions for people of all ages.

Planning to attend FlightSimExpo? Registration is open now at www.flightsimexpo.com and is just $70 until May 15. Attendees are strongly encouraged to book their stay at Flamingo Las Vegas Resort now by visiting www.flightsimexpo.com/hotel as discounted room rate availability is limited.

###

About FlightSimExpo. FlightSimExpo is North America’s community-driven flight simulation conference. The event was formed by a group of community organizers from VATSIM’s Boston Virtual ARTCC with years of experience in flight simulation, aviation, and event planning. The conference and tradeshow takes place June 9-10, 2018 at Flamingo Las Vegas Resort.

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC Community Manager
[email protected]

Brad Littlejohn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 07:44:51 PM »

Anyone that registers for that KLSV tour is in for a treat! I was stationed there when I worked there as the DoD liaison for the JCALS project in the early 2000s. It's a really nice setup they have there, with not just Red Flag and the Thunderbirds being stationed there, but the entire RAPCON being there as well. You'd get to see how they split the LAS Class D with the L30 TRACON, especially with service into KVGT, plus more. Really nice there, depending on how much they let you see.

Me? while it would be harder to pull me away from My Other Office (see that parking area next to VGT or LAS), it's another day at home for me! :)

Good luck to all that register for that tour!!

BL.

Derek Vento

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
Who's all going?!
Derek Vento
Air Traffic Controller Atlanta TRACON
Host of The Traffic Pattern Podcast

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »
Who's all going?!
Expo, or the tour?  VATSTAR will be there (official announcement pending), although I myself am flying in from the east coast early Saturday morning and flying back out late Sunday.  So I'm gonna miss a lot of the social stuff before and after.  As for Saturday night -- my plan is to wrap up on the exhibit floor the first day at five, check in to the room and grab a quick Disco Nap, then hope to catch up with the party scene after I'm a little rested.
Cheers,
-R.

Sergio Lopez

• Members
    • View Profile
    • vZMA ARTCC
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2018, 11:05:19 PM »
Will be there.
Sergio Lopez
AIT at vZMA ARTCC
Follow us on Twitter!
The "Live" in Miami Live!

Dhruv Kalra

• ZMP Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2018, 01:58:36 AM »
Just got leave approved and booked this week.
Dhruv Kalra
ZMP ATM | Instructor | Grumpy Old Man

Daniel Everman

• ZMP Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2018, 02:24:05 AM »
Present.
Daniel Everman
ZMP FE #retired | Grill Enthusiast

Krikor Hajian

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2018, 11:43:34 AM »
I should be there! Can't wait to see y'all!

Krikor Hajian (HI) - 1283146
Deputy Air Traffic Manager | Instructor
[email protected]
- - - - - - - - - -
VATUSA ACE Team Member

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2018, 03:09:34 PM »
Myself plus a few others in ZDC will be in attendance!
VATUSA Deputy Director Emeritus
Former ZDC ATM, DATM, TA & WM
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 5