Linked Events

• Spring Fling FNO: April 09, 2021

Spring Fling FNO!

Eric Steiner

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Spring Fling FNO!
« on: December 13, 2020, 03:40:37 PM »

Its that time of year Again, everyone's favorite, A Friday Night Ops Event! The Seattle ARTCC, Oakland ARTCC, Salt Lake City ARTCC, and the Los Angeles ARTCC wants to show case our best controllers on April 9th at 1600-2100 PDT with all of your favorite airports, including KSEA,KPDX,KLAX,KLAS,KSFO,KOAK, and KSLC! So, bring your favorite Simulator, A great attitude and we will show you a good time in the skies! If you happen to hear from Seattle's Events Coordinator (Eric) on Frequency, Wish him a Happy Birthday! 

Pilot Briefing here : https://vats.im/spring-fling-fno-pilot-brief
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 04:11:57 PM by Eric Steiner »
Seattle ARTCC
Air Traffic Manager
SUP
[email protected]

Robert Shearman Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Slant Alpha Adventures
Re: Spring Fling FNO!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 01:57:15 AM »
Not sure how everyone else felt about it, but, this format for Friday Night Ops seemed to work pretty well tonight.  Los Angeles and San Francisco were busier than the reat, but, traffic was pretty well spread out throughout the west otherwise.  And I don't think either of those two were so buried as to be overwhelmed.  I also didn't feel like ATC was spread so thin to be "diluted" -- staffing was fairly solid, and I felt I got pretty good service throughout the West Coast.  Did it seem like a success to everyone else?
Cheers,
-R.

Manuel Manigault

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »
Not sure how everyone else felt about it, but, this format for Friday Night Ops seemed to work pretty well tonight.  Los Angeles and San Francisco were busier than the reat, but, traffic was pretty well spread out throughout the west otherwise.  And I don't think either of those two were so buried as to be overwhelmed.  I also didn't feel like ATC was spread so thin to be "diluted" -- staffing was fairly solid, and I felt I got pretty good service throughout the West Coast.  Did it seem like a success to everyone else?

I thought it was successful judging from VATSpy
Mani Manigault
Vice President, Americas Region
VATSIM

Noah Perlman

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 11:23:19 AM »
It looked great from the command center side, traffic went through the airspaces smoothly and overall a great event.
𝐍𝐨𝐚𝐡 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐧
ZDC Mentor

Former PCF TA/FE

Maxim Salikhov

• ZOA Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 11:31:03 AM »

I think it went pretty well from our perspective. We were a bit limited on our staffing, but with the spread out traffic it was fine. SFO got busy, but "fun busy" as opposed to "I want to ragequit busy", so I count that as a success.
Maxim Salikhov
ZOA Training Administrator

Oakland ARTCC

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 12:42:57 AM »
I would probably consider that a raging success, then... :)
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA