VatVenture 2013 Seeking Controllers

Mathew Magera

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: June 22, 2013, 11:24:23 PM »
Hello from the Chicago ARTCC! My name is Mathew and I head up the events department in Chicago. Every year we host the virtual version of the EAA AirVenture fly-in, something that in the VATSIM world we call VatVenture. To enhance the realism of this event, we want to extend an invitation to controllers like yourself to work a shift or two with us during the event. Last year, we had controllers from around the globe sign on at the various Oshkosh positions and we want to do it again this year.

This does not mean that you need to become a member at the Chicago ARTCC. You don't even have to be a visiting controller with Chicago either. Because Oshkosh is a non-major airport, anyone from anywhere can control without any training at all. Of course for this event we would want everyone to be aware of the special procedures in effect, but it is easy for you to help us out and be a part of this unique event.

If you think you would like to be a controller at our VatVenture event, please know that you can volunteer as much or as little time as you would like. If you want to control the Oshkosh airport this summer, please contact me at [email protected] and I will give you all the details that I have and I will make sure to get you on a shift.

We at the Chicago ARTCC appreciate you considering to help us out and I personally look forward to hearing back from you very soon.
Mathew Magera
vZAU Air Traffic Manager
VATSIM Supervisor

Mathew Magera

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:29 AM »
VatVenture is still seeking controllers. If you are considering helping us out, please send me an email at [email protected].

Thanks.
Mathew Magera
vZAU Air Traffic Manager
VATSIM Supervisor