ZLC Has A New Website!

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
ZLC Has A New Website!
« on: December 31, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »
I'm happy to announce that the Salt Lake City ARTCC (ZLC) has a new website!  The https://zlcartcc.com url is still valid but now it takes you to our new fancy schmanzy Wordpress website!

There's still much work to be done with the site, so keep watching us, but for now it's functional enough to be used by our controllers.

Gerald Thulbourn

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: ZLC Has A New Website!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 03:28:39 AM »
Highly recommend you put code in place to stop the ridiculous default behaviour of WP saying 'the user name is wrong' if you try to guess it, it should just say 'something is wrong', otherwise hacker can know when they guessed user name correct and all they then need to do is try to crack pwd. If you email me I can supply the few lines of code needed.

Gerald Thulbourn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 04:50:43 AM »
Highly recommend you put code in place to stop the ridiculous default behaviour of WP saying 'the user name is wrong' if you try to guess it, it should just say 'something is wrong', otherwise hacker can know when they guessed user name correct and all they then need to do is try to crack pwd. If you email me I can supply the few lines of code needed.

Just realised you might not be able to email so here's the code snippet to drop into functions.php in your child theme or into, ideally, a plugin file with your dedicated code in. Any questions feel free to email (if you can :-|)

add_filter( 'login_errors', function( $error ) {
   $error = "We're sorry but there was an error with your login credentials.";
   return $error;
} );

Paul Biderman

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 10:55:34 AM »
Hey thanks to the wonderful VATSIM member calling themselves "Tom Hanks" who sent us this pilot feedback:

Feedback Details
You guys f*****g suck, and your website f******g sucks. Get a better cover photo.

I *** out the curse words for you.  Glad you didn't have the guts to put your own name or VATSIM CID on it.  Wouldn't have wanted that.  And thanks, but we like our cover photo.