KSAN - KFAT, Oakland Center, 7/29/2015, approx. 2200Z

Brian Barnes

• Members
    • View Profile
KSAN - KFAT, Oakland Center, 7/29/2015, approx. 2200Z
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:59:53 AM »
First of all, I'll state right up front that I'm new at talking to ATC, and like most, have 'jitters' about it. The last time I had contact with ATC while on VATSIM, the controller was rude and obnoxious (in my opinion) and I finished the flight vowing that I would never again go online.

Well, yesterday I double checked that there were no ATC on my route, and then I went online and started to fly. About halfway into my flight, I notice that Oakland Center has connected - right where I'm headed. I'll skip the details, but just say that this was the nicest ATC I've talked to. Helpful, curtious of my mistakes, and friendly. Unfortunately, after landing and taxiing to parking, I disconnected without thanking him.

So - if you read this, I just wanted to say thanks for the contact yesterday. I had a fun flight.

Brian.

Kyle Sanders

• Instructors
    • View Profile
Re: KSAN - KFAT, Oakland Center, 7/29/2015, approx. 2200Z
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 07:36:44 AM »
Not all ATC are nice.

Sometimes, if a pilot is not doing what they are suppose to do, they can mess up the flow of traffic and create a great deal of stress on the ATC. That might have been the case the first time.

Usually, if they are not busy, they try to help the new pilot.

Matt Bozwood-Davies

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:20:58 AM »
Hey Brian, suggest you submit this to http://www.oakartcc.com/pilot-feedback/ and leave the controller as N/A but provide details of when so that the controller may realise it was him.

Brian Barnes

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 03:30:58 PM »
Matt,

Didn't even know this was available. Done.

And thanks both of you for the comments.

Ryan Parry

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 09:06:46 PM »
Brian, I'm happy to hear you had a good time flying into ZOA. I'll figure out who this was and pass along the complements. We look forward to having you again!