ARTCC Inactivity Tranfers

Steve Moerdyk

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: October 15, 2012, 07:31:15 AM »
How long does it usually take for a ARTCC Transfer Request to get approved?

I have been inactive for quite some time and have decided to give it a go once again now that I have graduated college! Hooray!!    

I am not in a hurry or anything, but just "eager" to start controlling again.    P.S. I did a transfer request to Salt Lake City ARTCC.

Thanks!

Steve Moerdyk
[email protected]
CID - 858984

Jon Stoops

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:48:34 AM »
Steve,
   Thanks for your interest in joining ZLC ARTCC.  The time it takes to accept or reject a transfer requests varies depending on various circumstances.  The first thing that occurs is a persons VATSIM record is reviewed which could include how many times a person has requested a transfer and why and any issues from other ARTCC/FIR.  Staff meeting are sometimes arranged to review a record and make recommendations.  I would also like to mention that your post makes it sound like your request has been languishing without any action being taken.  You only requested a transfer yesterday and it sometimes takes a few days to be approved.  Please be patient and the staff will get with you soon.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:57:34 AM by Jon Stoops »
Jon Stoops
Salt Lake ARTCC - FE

Steve Moerdyk

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »
Quote from: Jon Stoops
Steve,
   Thanks for your interest in joining ZLC ARTCC.  The time it takes to accept or reject a transfer requests varies depending on various circumstances.  The first thing that occurs is a persons VATSIM record is reviewed which could include how many times a person has requested a transfer and why and any issues from other ARTCC/FIR.  Staff meeting are sometimes arranged to review a record and make recommendations.  I would also like to mention that your post makes it sound like your request has been languishing without any action being taken.  You only requested a transfer yesterday and it sometimes takes a few days to be approved.  Please be patient and the staff will get with you soon.

Thanks for your response Jon. As I stated in my initial post, I am not in a hurry ... I was simply curious. I am in no way trying to be pushy or anything. I am sorry if I came off this way!  

I look forward to your response.

SM.