Virtual Airline Operations System

Taylor Broad

• Members
    • View Profile
Virtual Airline Operations System
« on: May 15, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »
Hey all,

In my DATM Toby's thread about bringing me on as Webmaster, he mentioned that I was the creator of VAOS. Since it seems relevant and a good time, allow for me to introduce you to my project.

VAOS was started back in 2015 meant to replace my VA's (Jet Connect Virtual) web system. We were going to shift from VAFS to phpVMS however much was too be desired. After looking at the code for phpVMS and determining how far we can take the system, I decided that the best path was to create a new system from scratch.

Between my full time job and school, development was very slow until Fall 2016. That is when I quit my job and did school plus this project full time. Due to issues with ACARS clients, which still exist due to how different this system is, a public relatively stable release was not ready till February.

The project is now regaining speed as I hope that the data network that it will provide will help out VATSIM and the controlling space greatly. When version 1.0 releases this summer/fall, I hope to have something that you can try safely for your VA.

Oh and yes, you will be able to import your phpVMS VA into this system.

Star the repo on GitHub or become a contributor. https://github.com/fsvaos/vaos/
Taylor Broad - TB
Webmaster
[email protected]

Matt Bozwood-Davies

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Airline Operations System
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »
As a developer who uses laravel in everything, it's refreshing to see someone else who uses the framework! Welcome to the club!

This looks like it will be more promising than the new version of PHPVMS based on codeigniter, which is supposedly at a state of imminent release yet hasnt been updated in months! I look forward to seeing this grow!

Let me know if you need any help! :)
VATGOV5 - VP Development

Taylor Broad

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Airline Operations System
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »
Yes I love Laravel. Join us on Discord. I can add you to our developer channels.

https://discord.gg/xWFPf4W
Taylor Broad - TB
Webmaster
[email protected]