Dumb Mistake

Steve Kirks

• Members
    • View Profile
Dumb Mistake
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
To those who come after me:

I made a dumb mistake on my basic test and will now wait my 7 days, learning my lesson.  Study!

I thought I knew, but even with a cursory glance of the material, I wasn't prepared. I took it closed book but glad I did. Won't take another without doing the homework.

Steve

Tom Seeley

• Members
    • View Profile
Dumb Mistake
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »
You're certainly not the first, and definitely not the last. Few will probably heed your wise words, but thanks for posting.

Steve Kirks

• Members
    • View Profile
Dumb Mistake
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:59:44 AM »
Quote from: Tom Seeley
You're certainly not the first, and definitely not the last. Few will probably heed your wise words, but thanks for posting.

Passed this morning.  Oddly it counted me off as "leave blank" on two questions that I know I answered.  I went through it line by line.  Even more weird, it was the last two questions I answered.

Passed is passed though, so now I'm on to Memphis to join up with those guys and be part of the team.

Kris Kendrick

• Members
    • View Profile
Dumb Mistake
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »
Looking forward to working with you Steve!

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Dumb Mistake
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 01:24:58 PM »
Congratulations, Steve, and best of luck.  Great group at Memphis.  We will also look into your exam to see if there are any issues on the technical side; our engine has a couple of buggy things to it, and if a question (or answer choices) had one of a few forms of punctuation in them, that causes the bugs to come out.   I'll take a peek tonight when I get home from work.  

Again, welcome!