Rumor control. Please confirm or deny

J Jason Vodnansky

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »
I have heard a rumor about, and I am seeking clarification on the following...

1)  Was a previous VATUSA Division Director asked by the President of VATSIM NOT to post questions in the GRP discussion?

2)  Was a "more recent" VATUSA Division Director not given access to the GRP discussion even though it was asked for?

I am asking because I am curious as to how much representation the members of VATUSA had in the formation of the GRP?

Best,
Jason Vodnansky

Michael Hodge Jr

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://training.vatusa.net
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:47:28 PM »
I was given GRP forum access when i was appointed VATUSA3 (or within the first week). At that point, I knew for sure Alex B had access, and I know for sure Andrew P did not when he resigned (unless it was given to him within the last day or two)

Alex Bailey

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »
Quote from: Michael Hodge Jr
I was given GRP forum access when i was appointed VATUSA3 (or within the first week). At that point, I knew for sure Alex B had access, and I know for sure Andrew P did not when he resigned (unless it was given to him within the last day or two)

I had full access to the forum and represented the opinions and ideas of each VATUSA member who shared them with me. Up until my resignation, VATUSA was entirely represented in the GRP discussion. Mike is correct.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:08:22 PM by Alex Bailey »

Andrew Podner

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vatusa.net
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 10:24:09 PM »
never had it

J Jason Vodnansky

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Andrew Podner
never had it

And of course, you asked for it multiple times right?

JV

Andrew Podner

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »
Quote from: J. Jason Vodnansky
And of course, you asked for it multiple times right?

JV

no comment......

Ryan Geckler

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 10:32:36 PM »
Jason, does it really matter? The past is the past...

Suck it up and get over it.

David Klain

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 10:49:21 PM »
Sure, I'll answer the questions and put an end to any rumors someone is creating.

1. No person has been told by me that they should not post questions in the GRP forum.  Can't speak for Richard Jenkins but I doubt he told anyone either.

2. Just looked at the logs.  Alex had access from his time as VATUSA1.  Andrew never got it.  I can't explain why except that when we gave him all of his divisional chief access (access to several other forums as well as moderator access to the United States forum), we missed it.  I never got a request to give him access to GRP forum and was unaware he did not have access.  If a request was made to another BoG member, I am not aware of it.  I honestly don't know who originally gave Andrew his various accesses as VATUSA1 in the forums...we had a lot going on then with turbulence in VATUSA as well as some other issues.  Typically forum access is done by Steven Cullen, but sometimes Mike Evans, George P or I cover it.  Bottom line is the buck stops with me so it is my fault Andrew didn't have access and my only excuse was I didn't know there was an issue.

all the best,
Dave

J Jason Vodnansky

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »
Quote from: Dave Klain
Sure, I'll answer the questions and put an end to any rumors someone is creating.

1. No person has been told by me that they should not post questions in the GRP forum.  Can't speak for Richard Jenkins but I doubt he told anyone either.

2. Just looked at the logs.  Alex had access from his time as VATUSA1.  Andrew never got it.  I can't explain why except that when we gave him all of his divisional chief access (access to several other forums as well as moderator access to the United States forum), we missed it.  I never got a request to give him access to GRP forum and was unaware he did not have access.  If a request was made to another BoG member, I am not aware of it.  I honestly don't know who originally gave Andrew his various accesses as VATUSA1 in the forums...we had a lot going on then with turbulence in VATUSA as well as some other issues.  Typically forum access is done by Steven Cullen, but sometimes Mike Evans, George P or I cover it.  Bottom line is the buck stops with me so it is my fault Andrew didn't have access and my only excuse was I didn't know there was an issue.

all the best,
Dave

Thanks for answering...

Jason Vodnansky

Gary Millsaps

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 05:21:20 AM »
Quote from: Dave Klain

all the best,
Dave

<Cough, cough>

Ahem?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:22:08 AM by Gary Millsaps »

J Jason Vodnansky

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 06:48:56 PM »
beautiful!

And they wonder why there is no faith left in the leadership!

Jason Vodnansky

Brad Littlejohn

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 07:18:25 PM »
Quote from: J. Jason Vodnansky
beautiful!

And they wonder why there is no faith left in the leadership!

Jason Vodnansky

Jason, was that really called for?

The rumours have been controlled, per your request, but taking a parting shot at VATUSA in the process isn't really cool, and outright immature.

You have your answer; let's move on and be civil about it.

BL.

Justin A. Martin

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »
Quote from: Brad Littlejohn
Jason, was that really called for?

The rumours have been controlled, per your request, but taking a parting shot at VATUSA in the process isn't really cool, and outright immature.

You have your answer; let's move on and be civil about it.

BL.

+1

Paul Byrne

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bostonartcc.net
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 09:05:37 PM »
Hi,

I don't think Jason was taking a shot at VATUSA. I believe he was addressing his comment to Dave Klain and the VATSIM leadership due to the fact that Gary seemed to imply that Dave was wrong in his assumption that no previous VATUSA DD was asked not to post in the GRP discussion forum.

Just a thought.

Cheers!

David Klain

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 10:01:20 PM »
Quote from: Paul Byrne
Hi,

I don't think Jason was taking a shot at VATUSA. I believe he was addressing his comment to Dave Klain and the VATSIM leadership due to the fact that Gary seemed to imply that Dave was wrong in his assumption that no previous VATUSA DD was asked not to post in the GRP discussion forum.

Just a thought.

Cheers!
That's the real beauty of these forums and part of the reason I get so darn frustrated.  Most of you know me and know I make a good faith attempt to answer questions in an upfront manner, explain the rationale behind something and, if I've gooned something, admit it.  The response of cough, cough ahem is the antithesis of that.  Gary, are you saying I am lying?  Saying that I told you not to post?  Richard told you not to post?  I or Richard told someone else not to post?  Not sure what you are trying to say.  

I know that you sent me a number of emails with comments/suggestions on GRP, even after you stepped down as VATUSA1.  I know that I answered your emails and considered them, but they were not taken as representing VATUSA's official viewpoint but taken as representing your opinion.   I also just checked and know you still have access to the GRP review forum.   I guess I'm just too dumb to figure it out from the hints, but what I don't know is what you are saying with your post...

Dave
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:02:11 PM by Dave Klain »