Southwest Virtual is looking for ACTIVE pilots!

Michael Bertolini

• Members
    • View Profile
    • National Air Traffic Controllers' Association
« on: March 30, 2010, 09:06:07 AM »
Dear all,

Love the hospitiality of Southwest Airlines, along with the all Boeing fleet, quick connections and friendly staff? Well now is your chance to be apart of Southwest Virtual! Southwest Virtual is HIRING, yes, I said HIRING ACTIVE Pilots! At Southwest Virtual, we keep nothing but our friendly reputation going! Whether your West Coast, East Coast or digging for some High Plains or Desert Southwest, Southwest Virtual is the place for YOU!

Complete with up to the most accurate flight schedules, and most destinations of any U.S. Low-cost carrier, Southwest keeps its promises to the true value!

Interested in being a part of our airline? Well come on over and fill out an application at www.swavirtual.com!

If you have any questions, please email [email protected] !

"Grab your bags, it's ON!"

Michael Bertolini
Southwest Virtual Airlines
VP of Human Resources
www.swavirtual.com
[email protected]

Roger Curtiss

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 12:32:27 AM »
As Mike wrote:
Dear all,

"Well now is your chance to be apart of Southwest Virtual! Southwest Virtual is HIRING, yes, I said HIRING ACTIVE Pilots! At Southwest Virtual, we keep nothing but our friendly reputation going! Whether your West Coast, East Coast or digging for some High Plains or Desert Southwest, Southwest Virtual is the place for YOU!"

What a difference a space can make.  Rather than this being "a chance to be apart of Southwest Virtual..." (which apparently many pilots have already opted to do) it actually is a chance to be a part of Southwest Virtual.

And I also happen to believe it is a very good VA.  Which is why I am SWA4173 with over 83 flights in my SWA logbook.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:33:56 AM by Roger Curtiss »

Michael Bertolini

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:37:23 PM »
Quote from: Roger Curtiss
As Mike wrote:
Dear all,

"Well now is your chance to be apart of Southwest Virtual! Southwest Virtual is HIRING, yes, I said HIRING ACTIVE Pilots! At Southwest Virtual, we keep nothing but our friendly reputation going! Whether your West Coast, East Coast or digging for some High Plains or Desert Southwest, Southwest Virtual is the place for YOU!"

What a difference a space can make.  Rather than this being "a chance to be apart of Southwest Virtual..." (which apparently many pilots have already opted to do) it actually is a chance to be a part of Southwest Virtual.

And I also happen to believe it is a very good VA.  Which is why I am SWA4173 with over 83 flights in my SWA logbook.

Roger,

I think you mean VIRTUALSWA.COM, we are SWAVIRTUAL.COM. We have lower PID's and less staff, but we have just cleaned out toe roster, and are looking for ACTIVE ones.

We are not the same Southwest you are talking about.

-MB

Arthur Heiser

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://zabartcc.org/index.php/backend/profile/1052801
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 05:08:20 PM »
Quote from: Mike Bertolini
"Grab your bags, it's ON!"
Well, it's actually "Grab your bag. It's on." "Bags" is singular. If "bag" was not singular, "it's" would have to be "they're", according to proper english grammar. Also, what you have there is a run-on sentence. A period or semicolon should be used between the two independent clauses to remove this.

-ZZ

Arthur Heiser

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 05:10:29 PM »
Quote from: Mike Bertolini
I think you mean VIRTUALSWA.COM, we are SWAVIRTUAL.COM. We have lower PID's and less staff, but we have just cleared out toe roster, and are looking for ACTIVE ones.

We are not the same Southwest you are talking about.
Got that right. Virtual SWA has to be the premier Southwest Airlines simulation out there. Virtual SWA has more pilots, more staff, and the most correct routing system. SWA Virtual just fails in comparison.

Oh, Mikey, what is a "toe roster"? I haven't heard that one before.

And Roger, thanks for flying with Virtual SWA!

-ZZ
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 06:35:25 PM by AJ Heiser »

Ryan Geckler

• Mentors
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »
Any reason for the smart talk?

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 08:13:50 PM »
AJ I believe knows about being respectful to each other on the forums, if he doesn't he needs to take a look at it (CoC A1). His criticism of the other SWA's (I think we're up to 3 now?) claims (ex: most complete flight schedule) is strong to put it mildly. To say this airlines fails in comparison isn't an attack on a person but rather the airline. If he had said something directed at Mike (ie: John Doe fails in comparison to Jane Doe) then it'd be a different circumstance.

There are no rules against creating multiple variations of a real-world airlines as far as a VATSIM/VATUSA stance. Unless you get into copyright issues but that is beyond the scope of these forums.

As is the case here most of the time people find the flaws in the other airlines of the same name, especially when claims are made that this version is better than the other. While VSWA has been around for quite a bit and has the benefit of experience to climb to the flight level they are at today it does not negate or diminish this latest variant from being enjoyable for some.

Virtual Pilots will ultimately look through the airline and make a decision whether to apply or not. For some the lacking items compared to others may drive them elsewhere, for others they may be a-ok with things and not leave.

Point being, that there's another airline on the block that flies the Southwest colors, it's success lies entirely with it's staff and pilots and if anyone wants to check them out the links at the top of this post.

Arthur Heiser

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:25:44 PM »
Quote from: Brian Pryor
AJ I believe knows about being respectful to each other on the forums, if he doesn't he needs to take a look at it (CoC A1). His criticism of the other SWA's (I think we're up to 3 now?) claims (ex: most complete flight schedule) is strong to put it mildly. To say this airlines fails in comparison isn't an attack on a person but rather the airline. If he had said something directed at Mike (ie: John Doe fails in comparison to Jane Doe) then it'd be a different circumstance.

There are no rules against creating multiple variations of a real-world airlines as far as a VATSIM/VATUSA stance. Unless you get into copyright issues but that is beyond the scope of these forums.

As is the case here most of the time people find the flaws in the other airlines of the same name, especially when claims are made that this version is better than the other. While VSWA has been around for quite a bit and has the benefit of experience to climb to the flight level they are at today it does not negate or diminish this latest variant from being enjoyable for some.

Virtual Pilots will ultimately look through the airline and make a decision whether to apply or not. For some the lacking items compared to others may drive them elsewhere, for others they may be a-ok with things and not leave.

Point being, that there's another airline on the block that flies the Southwest colors, it's success lies entirely with it's staff and pilots and if anyone wants to check them out the links at the top of this post.
Well played.

-ZZ

Thomas King

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 10:37:51 PM »
Quote from: Brian Pryor
If he had said something directed at Mike (ie: John Doe fails in comparison to Jane Doe) then it'd be a different circumstance.

So correcting his grammar like he did is not directed at Mike?  just wondering.

Also, Why does this stuff have to happen here?  All Mike is doing is trying to get the word out on an Airline and nothing else.  Who cares if he has a few mispellings or the grammar isn't right? It isn't fair to that person to be "called out" on it.  And if someone was to bring it up, why not send a PM? does it have to be displayed in the sarcastic tone (I thought it was sarcasm)?  Unless it goes deeper than that......

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »
Quote from: AJ Heiser
Well, it's actually "Grab your bag. It's on." "Bags" is singular. If "bag" was not singular, "it's" would have to be "they're", according to proper english grammar. Also, what you have there is a run-on sentence. A period or semicolon should be used between the two independent clauses to remove this.

-ZZ

Quote from: AJ Heiser
Oh, Mikey, what is a "toe roster"? I haven't heard that one before.

Brian--

I see these as unwarranted, direct attacks at Mike instead of the airline.

And AJ, no, "It's on." is correct as it's a slang term to mean the battle is on, or the game is on... not referring to the bags.  His referral is accurate in the sense of slang.

Now, can we stop the nit picking and drop it?  VATSIM is for fun.. how about we just go out and have fun?

Kyle Gallagher

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 03:32:03 PM »
Quote from: Daniel Hawton
Now, can we stop the nit picking and drop it?  VATSIM is for fun.. how about we just go out and have fun?

+1

Arthur Heiser

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 03:51:10 PM »
Quote from: Daniel Hawton
+2

-ZZ

Michael Bertolini

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 05:36:53 PM »
Grow up.

Delete this forum post ASAP.

Topic Closed.

Bryan Wollenberg

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.laartcc.org
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »
I never would have suspected that a thread in the VA Forum would have to be locked.  Hmmmmmm.  Learn something new every day I guess.