Turbo-prop airline

Stephen Panzl

• Members
    • View Profile
Turbo-prop airline
« on: June 14, 2010, 01:34:06 PM »
For a long time I have admire the Beechcraft 1900D in th Gulfstream International Airlines colors (continental commuter), but as I looked around vatsim I didnt find any VA that dedicated them selfs only Gulfstream operations. I was going to post this to see if anyone would be intrested in flying for a va that dedicates it self to flying around florida and the bahamas and a few flights up in the midwest, and also flying turbo-props. any thoughts on if a va like this would survive.
Thanks Stephen

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Turbo-prop airline
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:27:57 PM »
Quote from: Stephen Panzl
For a long time I have admire the Beechcraft 1900D in th Gulfstream International Airlines colors (continental commuter), but as I looked around vatsim I didnt find any VA that dedicated them selfs only Gulfstream operations. I was going to post this to see if anyone would be intrested in flying for a va that dedicates it self to flying around florida and the bahamas and a few flights up in the midwest, and also flying turbo-props. any thoughts on if a va like this would survive.
Thanks Stephen
It can definitely survive if run it correctly and don't get discouraged. Like the real world counterparts, VAs run simulating smaller airlines will have a smaller pilot base. Recently someone started Great Lakes Virtual, which flies only Beechcraft 1900Ds around the Colorado/Rocky Mountains area. It had been going quite well as far as I could see (there was/is a heavy GLA presence in my center airspace), but it looks like the CEO gave up and closed it for whatever reason. Just keep at it.

Alex Ramos

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Turbo-prop airline
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
Quote from: Stephen Panzl
Thanks Stephen

I am in the final processes of opening Virtual New Mexico Airlines, a couterpart to the real airline. They fly Cessna Grand Caravans to a few destinations within New Mexico & Texas. I have no intentions to go big school with this airline, as there are plenty of those.

see what you think of it:

www.virtualnma.com

Ramos
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 07:33:43 PM by Alex Ramos »

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Turbo-prop airline
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 09:31:01 PM »
I like the web design. It's pretty neat! The only thing I noticed right off the bat was the title for Screenshot (of the Month) but the image says Screenshot of the Week. haha but it looks good. Good luck.