Anyone still alive here?

Phillip Larson

• Members
    • View Profile
Anyone still alive here?
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
I'm a new VATSIM member, working on the ATC track. I live in Alaska, and want to work virtual Alaska ARTCC. I'm waiting on the server refresh to be able to login to the system, working on brushing up on training in the meantime with what I can find on the internet. I found my way to this forum, and noticed that it isn't very active, and also noticed no one is currently logged in and controlling the AK regions. Is this an active ARTCC still? Will I need to join another region to get good training?

Hoping there is still active members here....

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
Anyone still alive here?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 07:32:30 PM »
Hi Phillip,

Anchorage is definitely still active. Very little intra-ARTCC business is done on these forums; these forums are used much more for inter-ARTCC and USA -wide coordination.  

Once you're able to join ZAN, you'll get an email that will get you started, and that will likely include the address for the ZAN forums.

Let us know if you're still having trouble in a few days.

Welcome to VATUSA !

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Marvin Palmer

• Members
    • View Profile
Anyone still alive here?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:13 AM »
Quote from: Phillip Larson
Hoping there is still active members here....

Phillip, check out our website on the main page of VATUSA (or www.vzanartcc.net).
If you are looking for fast paced traffic, you will not find it here (ZAN)...we don't that much traffic...however we do have a whole bunch of training opportunities. Ken Haught is you TA and has a calendar setup with times to train.

Welcome to the Controlling aspect of VATSIM! You'll love it
Marvin Palmer
C1 Controller
Former FE for ZAN ARTCC (now defunct)

Phillip Larson

• Members
    • View Profile
Anyone still alive here?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 01:45:57 PM »
Quote from: Marvin Palmer
Phillip, check out our website on the main page of VATUSA (or www.vzanartcc.net).
If you are looking for fast paced traffic, you will not find it here (ZAN)...we don't that much traffic...however we do have a whole bunch of training opportunities. Ken Haught is you TA and has a calendar setup with times to train.

Welcome to the Controlling aspect of VATSIM! You'll love it

I've been logged into teamspeak for 2 days, and haven't seen anyone else come in. I've been waiting for my forum login and website login info for almost 48 hours, this afternoon will be 48 hours. Just hoping to plug in and get started.

I want to give ZAN a chance, I live here in RL and there's a lot of fairly complicated procedures that surround flying in and around Anchorage. I figured learning the other side of it may help make me a better pilot. Also, I can only fly so much in a box....no matter how real it is, it isn't the real thing. Anyway....I'm just excited to get started, I have free time now...and am worried that by the time I finally get connected and going...I won't have as much free time to do this as I do now.

Hard to wait for an email for 2 days.....after waiting for the server to add you so you can take the first test.

Aidan Sandri

• Members
    • View Profile
Anyone still alive here?
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 12:06:03 AM »
Quote from: Phillip Larson
I've been logged into teamspeak for 2 days, and haven't seen anyone else come in. I've been waiting for my forum login and website login info for almost 48 hours, this afternoon will be 48 hours. Just hoping to plug in and get started.

I want to give ZAN a chance, I live here in RL and there's a lot of fairly complicated procedures that surround flying in and around Anchorage. I figured learning the other side of it may help make me a better pilot. Also, I can only fly so much in a box....no matter how real it is, it isn't the real thing. Anyway....I'm just excited to get started, I have free time now...and am worried that by the time I finally get connected and going...I won't have as much free time to do this as I do now.

Hard to wait for an email for 2 days.....after waiting for the server to add you so you can take the first test.

Phillip,

I see you are in the teamspeak channel, however not currently present. I have sent you a message of what to do after 24 hours.

Thanks for your patience.
Aidan Sandri
Events Coordinator
Anchorage ARTCC