VATSIM Connection problem

Eran Duzman

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »
Hi all,

Wondering if someone could help. I was playing with fax and vatsim with no problems. I went away for several weeks and my computer was off. When I came back and wanted to fly with vatsim, squackbox took very long to load. Once connected to vatsim, my fps go from mid to upper 20 s to 1-2 fps. This only happens in fsx not in fs9. When i disconnect from the network fps go right back up. I am running squackbox internally from fsx but have always done that. The only thing that occurred when I restarted my computer after my absence is that windows 7 installed some security updates.  Any help of ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Eran Duzman.

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »
When you posted your question on the VATSIM forums, you posted it in the best place possible, and you have already been helped there.  Do not run SB from within FSX, run it externally as strongly suggested in the Tips and Tricks thread in the SB Help thread on the VATSIM forums.  Also, just to be sure, you do know that you should not be attempting to run the same version of SB on FSX as you did for FS9, correct?  Suggest you follow the Tips and Tricks thread, and continue your request for assistance thread on VATSIM forums.