« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »
Excellent choice!!

Congrats, Don and Bob!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:31:33 AM by Salvatore Barcia »
Salvatore Christopher  Barcia
Cross the Gulf President
ACE Team Member
Miami ARTCC

[img]http://www.vatsim.net/badges/atc1o.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

Richard Bonneau

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.virtualcapeair.org
New Director of the United States Division
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2013, 06:40:01 AM »
Congratulations to Don & Bob, and a big thank you to Gary for his dedicated service to VATSIM & VATUSA!
[img]http://www.metacraft.com/zbw/graphics/sigs/1029885.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

Rich Bonneau
Air Traffic Manager
Boston ARTCC

Don Desfosse

• VATSIM Leadership
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 12:40:47 AM »
Thanks again, folks, for all of the good wishes you have sent our way.  It's now been a week, and Bob and I are still working in lock-step down our list of priorities -- fill the open staff positions, ensure an aligned HQ staff, then meet with the ARTCC staff to ensure alignment there as well.  Our medium-to-long-term priorities include working on our training system, ensuring a standardized, updated, and effective approach that all ARTCCs can take advantage of (if they so choose).  

We are working fast and furious to meet our goals.  Just so nobody thinks I packed it in, I leave next Monday for a week's vacation with my family, and will have very limited access to email (on my blackberry only) and no access to the back-room structure.  Bob will be sitting in the hot seat for the week, and is perfectly suited to do so.  That said, all the critical staff positions should be filled by the end of the month (some more this week!), we'll then have a VATUSA HQ staff meeting to ensure alignment, and then invite the ARTCC staff to do a meet and greet, and then get down to business planning out more progress for the Division.

A quick note on filling the HQ staff positions -- I am absolutely blown away by the caliber of the personnel who have offered their time and talents to move the Division forward.  I appreciate all the interest, and rest assured, the fact that selecting the staff will be a hard chore for Bob and I is a good problem to have -- we will have an outstanding staff leading us into the future.

Thanks to everyone who has noticed the momentum.  Let's keep it up!
Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations, VATSIM (VATGOV2)
Division Director Emeritus, VATUSA

Bob Carmona

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 04:14:17 AM »
I too would like to again say thank you for all the good wishes sent our way! The support we are receiving is truly inspiring.

I was very confident going into this that both Don and I have the same goals for the direction of our Division. After a week on the job, I am happy to report that our goals are starting to come to fruition. As Don indicated, our number one priority has been to get our Division HQ staffed with talented, productive members. We are well on our way to doing just that. I too am floored at the caliber of the applicants that are volunteering to help us move VATUSA forward. The final selections are going to be extremely hard to choose. It most likely come down to some more rock, paper, scissors matches to decide. The applicants are that good. I am very eager to finish the selections and have a meeting with a full Division Staff to discuss and lay out the road map to what I believe will be a very bright future for our Division.

Bob Carmona
Division Conflict Resolution Manager
VATUSA

Ira Robinson

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »
Damn, if you two keep communicating like this I am going to have to start reading the forums regularly again!  
Ira Robinson