Account information not transferring

Connor Strandt

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soldiersnet.net
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:16:58 PM »
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this, I took the ATC test and passed then selected zKC as my ARTCC and I still haven't been added to their roster or have access to their site... Its been over 24 hours and I was just wondering if there may be a reason for this.

Thanks,
Connor Strandt

Ian Elchitz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:59:25 AM »
What is your Vatsim ID Connor?

Connor Strandt

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soldiersnet.net
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:10:44 AM »

Bryan Wollenberg

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.laartcc.org
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 05:05:39 AM »
Connor,

According to the VATUSA database, your ARTCC selection went through.  However, you will need to contact the staff at ZKC regarding your access to their site, and addition to the roster listed on their site.  

Just to note, it also appears that you were previously a member of ZKC using a different VATSIM account.  If you had previously done any training with them, passed any of their tests, etc., it's going to be a whole lot easier for everyone if you use the other account, as you are probably already in their system.  That all completely aside from the fact that it is against VATSIM regulation to have more than one account.

Jonah Zieske

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE [/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]That all completely aside from the fact that it is against VATSIM regulation to have more than one account.[/quote]

OUCHHHHHH!  Major pawnage!

haha, thought that was funny how you were like "ah, that's no big deal, but, btw, you are breaking a major VATSIM rule"

Thanks Bryan, made my day.

Ian Elchitz

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
Quote from: Jonah Zeiske
OUCHHHHHH!  Major pawnage!

Jonah,

Some people who create duplicate accounts are in fact not doing it with any bad intentions (to cause disruptions or circumvent "corrective" measures taken against them).

BW was only trying to educate the member - not berate him as a "major pawnage" (many here have no clue what that means).

If we all ignored or put down everyone who asked for help - there wouldn't be any network to speak of.

Jonah Zieske

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 03:38:36 PM »
I wasn't trying to put him down.  I was just stating that BW's post made me laugh.  That's all...

Gregory Sumner

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 03:10:05 PM »
Well said Ian.