New ATC hopeful.

Tony Naylor

• Members
    • View Profile
New ATC hopeful.
« on: May 23, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »
I've been wanting to get into vatsim ATC for awhile, and am looking forward to starting my training......I can't find any online quizes and such yet, is that a normal thing until everything get's square away.
By the way, I'm Tony 31 years old....I've been playing FSX for as long as it's been out and have always been a nerd for virtual ATC....looking forward to it gents.

David Stone

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
Re: New ATC hopeful.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 08:04:50 PM »
Hello Tony! Glad you have decided to join the ATC role on VATSIM. To get started you should go to the VATUSA website and after logging in select the MyVATUSA link and click on the Become an ATC link. First, you will need to complete the CBTs for S1 and take an exam after that. When you complete it with a passing grade you will be asked to select an initial facility (ARTCC) where you will receive continued training to get you started on the road to controlling on the network. Good luck and we'll see you soon out on the scopes.
David Stone

Rick Rump

• VATSIM Supervisors
    • View Profile
    • vZDC
Re: New ATC hopeful.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 09:37:10 AM »
We are also in the process of adding quizzes to the CBT blocks as they are updated.
Everything on the rating exams is either open book or derivable from a source (either a chart or the 7110.65).
VATUSA Deputy Director Emeritus
Former ZDC ATM, DATM, TA & WM
VATSIM Supervisor | Team 5