VATUSA sponsored event (1 JUL 22)

Scott DeWoody

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: VATUSA sponsored event (1 JUL 22)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2022, 12:12:35 PM »
Well one things for sure. Next time I see a request from Scott to staff up, I’m not making an effort the be there.   ;)

No worries, I don't request event staff ups.  And this wasn't a request from me or my VA, it was an announced VATUSA sponsored event.
Scott DeWoody

Kyle Weber

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2022, 01:24:00 PM »
I’m not sure public shaming is an effective way of addressing a purported management issue between staff members or organization representatives.
Kyle Weber
Minneapolis ARTCC C3/PPL
Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer

Scott DeWoody

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2022, 02:35:53 PM »
I’m not sure public shaming is an effective way of addressing a purported management issue between staff members or organization representatives.

You're probably right Kyle.
Scott DeWoody

Scott DeWoody

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2022, 06:17:00 PM »
Everyone was informed and staffing was secured at ZAB.

ZAB was staffed and ready to accommodate, even after the change happened.

Maybe PHX was the better option if you wanted coverage. Not like you could change your origin airport at all. Once you select it days or weeks in advance, it's set in stone and locked in forever.

Evan, we changed to KMIA for our departure because our management felt that it would have been too long of a flight from KPHX, and I do appreciate you being there.
Scott DeWoody

Karl Mathias Moberg

• Instructors
    • View Profile
    • NYARTCC
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2022, 02:22:31 PM »
it was an announced VATUSA sponsored event.

What was the VATUSA sponsored event? The Open Mic Night FNO? If that's the case, then you have misunderstood the Open Mic Night. OMN is an opportunity for all of VATUSA to staff up when they can. ZNY does not schedule anything for OMN but encourage controllers to connect. We had no-one prepared to staff PHL, but had people show up when they saw a ton of arrivals to PHL. Had it been the other way, you'd probably barely had a CTR controller if I'm honest.

I agree with everyone else in this thread though that if you have a problem with ZMA in this, a forum is not the place to take up your complaints about it. You reach out to ZMA, and if they don't respond to you, you email the VATUSA Events Coordinator.

Karl Mathias Moberg (KM) - C3/I1
New York ARTCC
ZNY Air Traffic Manager