VATUSA Status Update

Anthony Santanastaso

• Mentors
    • View Profile
    • VATUSA
VATUSA Status Update
« on: December 14, 2022, 01:21:57 AM »
Greetings everyone, I hope that this message reaches you and your family well. As we embark on the upcoming holiday season and new year, I wanted to give you a quick update about VATUSA.

ATC Update
Since it's restructure, VATUSA Headquarters (HQ) has successfully redefined its relationship with sub-division staff. Like any new relationship, it has encountered growing pains but demonstrated an overall successful ability to maintain positive and frequent communication and collaboration. One of the key hurdles we sought to overcome was the ability to connect overarching and globally relevant initiatives with the more specific needs of each sub-division. Empowering the support assets within HQ and minimizing the roadblocks to the Division Directors has proven to be the necessary first steps. Continuing to adhere to our value and vision statements represents our next step as we aim to change the overall culture for how we operate and interact with each other. And lastly, refining how we select our leaders is incredibly important to make sure we engage the most appropriate people for the job. To this end, beginning with the selection process for the recent HQ hire, we implemented a hiring committee comprised of various constituents within the community. All in all, the pathway to a great future is upon us so long as we collectively choose to put away differences, accept each other's strengths, lend support to overcome each other's weaknesses, and constantly remind ourselves that we're all on the same team.

Pilot Update
Last month, a survey was given asking for feedback. The results were enlightening though we had hoped for some more responses. Over the next few weeks, we plan to study the results and prioritize the means by which your feedback will be addressed. Please be on the look out for social media, Discord, and Forum posts that involve such activities as training opportunities, sub-division events, and other useful resources.

General Update
Due to a mixture of personal reasons and time constraints, I will be stepping down as Division Director. This is by no means indicative of the current state of affairs, as I have previously expressed that the division is moving in the desired direction. I will remain at the helm until such time a new Director is appointed. Due to the holiday season, the selection process might take a couple of months. More information from VATGOV3 will follow in the very near future. If the situation permits, I welcome the opportunity to remain as a member of HQ as I believe I have more to give back to this community. Business will continue as usual and you should expect further developments to occur, though a reasonable slow down is to be expected as we enter the holidays.

Thank you all for your support and dedication. It's an honor and privilege to work besides you.
Anthony Santanastaso