Exciting Reeve Airline Service That Can Get You Drolling

Aharon Dayan

• Members
    • View Profile
Exciting Reeve Airline Service That Can Get You Drolling
« on: July 13, 2021, 02:15:49 PM »
Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting exciting regular scheduled Reeve airline service from PADL Dillingham Airport located two nautical miles  west of the central business district of Dillingham in Alaska to PANC Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport located 5 miles southwest of downtown Anchorage.

Very excited passengers boarding Reeve Airline DC-4 featuring well polished/buffed masterpiece livery work painted and polished exclusively by repainter named Hartmut Hekmann who is the official repainter for Virtual Aircraft Restoration Facebook group owned and operated by Hartmut Hekmann and Tobias Krause.

Time for preflight inspection!!  Check out super shiny and well polished engines!!

Checking right wing to be sure there is no ice or snow build up  CHECK OUT reflection of clouds on metallic shiny wing!

Checking left wing for same reason  WHOA I can see cloud reflection on the wing!

Checking right engines

Checking left engines   Dont you love shine?

Checking wheels  you will need lobster bib to catch your drooling from seeing shine on engines!

Checking wheels

Checking to be sure flaps are set properly

Checking propeller blades to be sure there are no ice  WHOA WHOA  look at cloud reflection on propeller blades

Checking right propeller blades for same reason  WHOA WHOA I can see reflection of mountains on engine cover

Checking front wheel

Checking tail

Cannot help admiring metallic shine

Got to activate all de-ice buttons!!   I do NOT know what the pump button for alcohol is for!!

Starting left engines resulting into mind blowing exciting and massive engine start smoke

Starting right engines producing massive engine start smoke that is blown forward by powerful winter winds

Engines are ready for action!!! But wait  I need to spool up engines for few seconds to be sure they are ready for action in bitter freezing winter weather

Starting to taxi to short of runway 1 to start exciting flight!

Making sure the route waypoints are ready to avoid high mountains due to the fact there is no weather radar and no terrain warning computer meaning I must avoid mountains covered by clouds.

Here are waypoints: KOWOK PIPPR NUTUW WALUS AMOTT WEWWO ICICL BOB that will enable my plane to avoid running into mountains as seen on this map showing my specific flight path

Entering into runway 1 for more taxi and backtrack

After backtracking now starting exciting take off run producing thrilling combo of massive snow splattering and engine smoke

Airborne on climb to 5,000 ft

At 3,000 ft still climbing to 5,000 ft

Now starting to cruise at 5,000 ft

Passing Wood River that is rich in salmon fishes

Passing Iliamna Lake that is the largest lake in Alaska and third largest lake in America  There is offer of 100,000 buck reward by local Alaska newspaper for capture of Pacific Sleeper shark secretly lurking in the waters of that lake

Cruising across the same lake where you can see that due to so extremely sub zero freezing winter, the engines are producing condensation contrails

Checking all gauges to be sure everything sounds very kosher

Entering Cook Inlet to continue cruising where you can see that the plane is on safe side away from 10,000 ft high Chigmit mountain range that the plane is supposed to avoid

Still cruising above waters of Cook Inlet with background view of same high mountains

See how safe side the plane is cruising at 5,000 ft away from mountains

Whoa whoa whoa winter is soooo freezing that the engines are producing condensation contrails

Sunset!!

Checking gauges again to be sure that everything is working well in freezing weather

On final runway approach to runway 06R (it is 06R in era 1960s/1970s) where you can see exciting engine smokes due to constant engine power adjustments to make sure the runway approach is smooth

Amazing cockpit view of night city lights of Anchorage

look at ice on left side!!

Seconds before touchdown

Okay  few more seconds

TOUCHDOWN

Snow splattering while the plane is braking down on icy runway

More snow splatter (is it fun??)

Exiting from runway toward gate with background view of Million Air building

Taxiing to gate with background view of Alaska Airline maintenance hangar

Got to look for official Reeve airline gate which is gate number A11 (oh yes I revved up the engines on purpose to produce massive engine smokes to excite airport spotting photographers)

Arrived at gate A11 while the de-icing truck is rushing to deice wings of my plane to get ready for another flight

Thank you for viewing!!  Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon