Party at the FAA!

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Party at the FAA!
« on: December 22, 2009, 02:17:06 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/party-time-f...0933&page=1

Miley should do a remix:
So I put my hands up, they're playin my song, the butterflies fly away...yeah-ah-ah-ah. It's a party in the FAA.

Chris McGee

• Members
    • View Profile
Party at the FAA!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »
Why do we still wonder why the country is broke?

Jeff Thomas

• Members
    • View Profile
Party at the FAA!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 07:16:16 AM »
I find these types of one sided articles annoying, unprofessional, and just plain drivel.  

Anybody who has been to ANY conference ever, knows how these things are.  You spend 8 hours of a day roaming a vast conference hall going from one lecture to another hoping to pull out a few nuggets to take back home with you.  It is long.  It is tiring.  Then you go out at night.  I'd like to know how many of these after school parties were sponsored events by vendors?  

Anyway, these guys work extremely hard, and deserve a break every now and then.  I'd rather blow $5 million on these guys than that stupid trip to Copenhagen.  Notice nobody is saying how much they blew for THAT party...and I guarantee you it was a LOT worse than a few hookers..... AND they accomplished NOTHING except to reinforce everyone's impression that the US Government can't scratch it's own ass.

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Party at the FAA!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »
Quote from: Jeff Thomas
I find these types of one sided articles annoying, unprofessional, and just plain drivel.  

Anybody who has been to ANY conference ever, knows how these things are.  You spend 8 hours of a day roaming a vast conference hall going from one lecture to another hoping to pull out a few nuggets to take back home with you.  It is long.  It is tiring.  Then you go out at night.  I'd like to know how many of these after school parties were sponsored events by vendors?  

Anyway, these guys work extremely hard, and deserve a break every now and then.  I'd rather blow $5 million on these guys than that stupid trip to Copenhagen.  Notice nobody is saying how much they blew for THAT party...and I guarantee you it was a LOT worse than a few hookers..... AND they accomplished NOTHING except to reinforce everyone's impression that the US Government can't scratch it's own ass.
Maybe, but considering that the guys on StuckMic got the new policy pretty much figured out by posting in forums, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for this agency to spend $5m to do the same thing.

Andrew Murfin

• Members
    • View Profile
Party at the FAA!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 03:47:35 PM »
Well hey, now at least we know controllers know how to party.  Lives are saved by ATC all day every day, yet we only see on the news about how bad the delays are and who's fault it is.  Also, who are WE to trust in the news about ATC related matters?  We've all seen the other reports about ATC and flying, such as after the Hudson River midair; we had to all hear about how VFR is the "Wild West" of the sky and needs to be banned for the safety of all Americans who fly on the airlines.  They do very little research on the topic and show what will most easily scare and infuriate viewers.  I agree with Jeff, better this than a party for somebody else.  Besides, Christmas parties never get out of hand.
ZOB Events Coordinator

Alex Evins

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nyartcc.org
Party at the FAA!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 04:07:21 PM »
Quote from: Andrew Murfin
Well hey, now at least we know controllers know how to party.  Lives are saved by ATC all day every day, yet we only see on the news about how bad the delays are and who's fault it is.  Also, who are WE to trust in the news about ATC related matters?  We've all seen the other reports about ATC and flying, such as after the Hudson River midair; we had to all hear about how VFR is the "Wild West" of the sky and needs to be banned for the safety of all Americans who fly on the airlines.  They do very little research on the topic and show what will most easily scare and infuriate viewers.  I agree with Jeff, better this than a party for somebody else.  Besides, Christmas parties never get out of hand.

The attendees at "AtlantaFest" were NOT controllers, they were supervisors and managers.
Alex Evins
Traffic Management Coordinator, New York ARTCC
VATSIM Supervisor

Jeremy Bucholz

• Members
    • View Profile
Party at the FAA!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 03:11:33 AM »
Quote from: Alex Evins
The attendees at "AtlantaFest" were NOT controllers, they were supervisors and managers.

Amen Brother!

New Contract comes out.
Controllers get a copy of the contract as their briefing....then go to work.
FAA Management gets week long "briefing" in ATL paid by taxpayers...oh and by the way, a nightly party.

Jeremy "BZ" Bucholz
Las Vegas ATCT
Listen to us on LiveATC.net
http://www.liveatc.net/get_asx_feed.php?mount=klas_twr
Still Standing, Still Proud - NATCA