New UK member looking for help

Callum Riseley

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
Hey there, my names Callum and I will soon be transferring into the USA division from the UK division. I am from the UK and was wondering if any other VATUSA member that is from the UK may be able to have a chat with me on skype or teamspeak to run through the differences in R/T. I'm an S2 and can begin training on an APP. If you can help, or know somebody that can, please drop me a PM or reply on this thread.
Cheers,
Callum

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »
Quote from: Callum Riseley
Hey there, my names Callum and I will soon be transferring into the USA division from the UK division. I am from the UK and was wondering if any other VATUSA member that is from the UK may be able to have a chat with me on skype or teamspeak to run through the differences in R/T. I'm an S2 and can begin training on an APP. If you can help, or know somebody that can, please drop me a PM or reply on this thread.
Cheers,
Callum

Hey Callum, I'm Rahul, and I'm currently based in London so I can go through some of the differences between VATUSA And VATUK, having controlled in Both.

Also which ARTCC have you chosen as your home or have you not got to that point yet because your ARTCC instructors would be a great place to start when looking for help with FAA/FAR/US procedures.

Callum Riseley

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:14:09 AM »
Quote from: Rahul Parkar
Hey Callum, I'm Rahul, and I'm currently based in London so I can go through some of the differences between VATUSA And VATUK, having controlled in Both.

Also which ARTCC have you chosen as your home or have you not got to that point yet because your ARTCC instructors would be a great place to start when looking for help with FAA/FAR/US procedures.

Hi Rahul,
Cheers, if you have MSN could you possibly add me from the address on my profile? I haven't got to the point of choosing ARTCC's yet as I am still in the UK until I have gained 50 hours at my current rating (I have almost 45 at the moment) but was looking at Atlanta as I am quite a fan on the airport and city and the time difference with the UK isn't too bad.
Again - thanks,
Callum

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:31:41 AM »
Quote from: Callum Riseley
Hi Rahul,
Cheers, if you have MSN could you possibly add me from the address on my profile? I haven't got to the point of choosing ARTCC's yet as I am still in the UK until I have gained 50 hours at my current rating (I have almost 45 at the moment) but was looking at Atlanta as I am quite a fan on the airport and city and the time difference with the UK isn't too bad.
Again - thanks,
Callum

Sure, no problem, I'll add you now actually  Atlanta is definitely a cool airspace, I have never controlled there, but I do currently control in the ARTCC to the south-east of it , Jacksonville (Wooot!)...

Kyle Chalk

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 01:20:28 AM »
Quote from: Rahul Parkar
Sure, no problem, I'll add you now actually  Atlanta is definitely a cool airspace, I have never controlled there, but I do currently control in the ARTCC to the south-east of it , Jacksonville (Wooot!)...
Well come on down to atlanta i will say we have a lot of diverse people and allways looking for more,   well were ever you join the  staff and controller will be more than  happy to have  you as a controller

and Rahul you forgot "GARY"

Rahul Parkar

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 05:02:43 AM »
Shhhhhhhhhhhh..... Gary isnt here, so Hushhhh