Empora Air says goodbye to Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

• Members
    • View Profile
Empora Air says goodbye to Paul Marcus
« on: June 15, 2010, 06:57:51 PM »
Paul Marcus steps down Early

After over two years of serving as CEO of Empora, Paul Marcus retires from the office. Marcus founded the airline in 2007 and turned a small charter airline into a global force in luxury aviation. He decided to retire due to personal life causing less time to run the airline he created. Marcus created the first and currently the only virtual airline that operated in an all business and first class configuration. He put luxury and client comfort number one and would not settle for anything less. Aside from the virtual aspect, which in the end how your cabins are laid out and what services are in your virtual terminals do not matter when it comes to what you provide for your pilots. Paul created something that hundreds of pilots over the past few years have enjoyed. He put in time every day of the year into Empora. Paul himself rarely flew after Empora opened, as he was always working on planning new things for Empora’s members.

The past three years without a doubt have not been perfect for Empora. After three hackings, fraud, our site coding stolen and being sold by scammers, and other unfortunate events, Paul never gave up on Empora. While his personal relationship with the community was infamous, he deeply cared about the community. When Empora’s first COO was injured in a car accident and couldn’t return to serve his position, the community came to Paul offering their support and help. While some saw Marcus’s stand out advertising of Empora as showy and cocky, it made Empora stand out and when pilots wanted something different they came to Empora. Anyone who joined the organization knew that Paul would do his best to personally speak to each pilot and do whatever it took to make sure they were fully happy at Empora. Paul was a member of over 30 flight simulator forums; despite his aggressiveness with some members over how some virtual airlines should fix their operations to survive in a large community, he did approach many members and advise them on how to manage and structure their airlines. Since he first entered the community he has served as staff at six virtual airlines with the exception of Empora. He has also been a part of developing other virtual airlines such as Snapjet, Cirrus, Connect Caribbean, ExecAir, among others.

We wish Paul the best with his future!

A letter to the community from Paul Marcus:

“Dear Flight Simmers,

Over the many years I have been in the community I have always felt welcome here. Virtual Airlines are something I always have found to be a great hobby and a lot of fun to participate in. I have met some wonderful people and made good friends, whether it is on the many forums or at a virtual airline. I am well aware that my presence was never without controversy however I am proud of the virtual airline I have built and what makes me satisfied with what I have done is seeing hundreds of people from around the world that I do not even know and will never meet, joining my creation. That is something very special and I am honored that Empora has become a great success. A few weeks ago I got an email from Mark McCoy, the founder of Metro Virtual. He and I spoke through a series of emails about the state of Empora and my future in the community. I have to say while discussing leaving the community with my colleagues, I got nothing but support from them. While no one wanted to see me leave I knew it was my time to go. I have some major priorities to tend to in my personal life, with college, work and family. The most important thing I can leave Empora doing is apologizing for my rough style when it came to my competitors. While I am not longer the Chief Executive Officer of Empora, and as of August I will step down from the Presidency of the organization, I offer my best wishes and support to the other virtual airlines, the ones that operate today and the ones that will operate tomorrow. If you have an idea, share it, you try and if it doesn’t work, you can say you tried and you can say that it was all worth it. Empora is by far not a perfect virtual airline, but I had an original idea that was never tried before in the community, so I invested some money, networked with my peers and I created something, and I am proud to say it has been the home to hundreds of pilots since 2007. I remember be trampled by forum members in 2007, and I prevailed over that and stuck with my vision. I thank you all for what you have done for me over these few years and please contact Empora at any time where they will provide you with my contact information.”

Empora is searching for the best possible person to take the office of Chief Executive Officer. If you are interested and feel you have the ability to handle this LONG TERM position please contact: [email protected]

Below are the requirements for this title:
-Held Virtual Airline staff job(s) in the past
-Able to communicate with staff, update, develop and monitor the VA as their top priority
-Cannot hold any VA staff job at another VA while being CEO of Empora
-Does not have real world ownership of Empora
-Ability to work with Board of Directors and parent company
-Pure motivation and respect for Empora and what it stands for

Visit us at
http://emporavirtual.com/