Larry 'Grandpa Pettibone' Shannon

Robert Prescott

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:56:43 PM »
It is with great sadness that we inform all vZID members and fellow members of VATSIM of the sudden and tragic loss of ZID's own Lawrence 'Grandpa Pettibone' Shannon on May 24, 2010. Larry will be missed and remembered fondly by all members of ZID who had the distinct honor and privilege of knowing Larry.

For those who did not know Larry, perhaps you caught him while flying in or out of ZID. He also flew frequently online and enjoyed the network greatly. Larry was a retired real world pilot for American Airlines and taught many of us at ZID a great deal.

I, and I am sure all members of ZID, send our prayers and sympathies to Larry's family.

God speed Larry, you will be missed.

Brian Pryor

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:43:18 AM »
Quote from: Robert Prescott
It is with great sadness that we inform all vZID members and fellow members of VATSIM of the sudden and tragic loss of ZID's own Lawrence 'Grandpa Pettibone' Shannon on May 24, 2010. Larry will be missed and remembered fondly by all members of ZID who had the distinct honor and privilege of knowing Larry.

For those who did not know Larry, perhaps you caught him while flying in or out of ZID. He also flew frequently online and enjoyed the network greatly. Larry was a retired real world pilot for American Airlines and taught many of us at ZID a great deal.

I, and I am sure all members of ZID, send our prayers and sympathies to Larry's family.

God speed Larry, you will be missed.

RIP Larry and god speed.

Romano Lara

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 03:14:58 AM »
RIP Larry. I was lucky to have talk to him back in Anchorage. He will surely be missed.

My prayers and thoughts goes to his family and for the repose of his soul.

Christopher Mauro

• ZME Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »
I saw this, and I was in shock.  I have talked with Larry many times in the past, and always liked him as a controller.

I give my sympathies to his family, friends, and the alumni controllers of ZID, who I know liked Larry as well.

Rest in peace Larry.

EDIT: Spelling mistake, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 07:50:13 PM by Chris Mauro »

Salvatore Barcia

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 05:42:42 PM »
Rest in peace Larry. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Jonah Zieske

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »
My prayers are with him and everyone he knew.  Such a tragic loss.

May his soul rest in peace.