Realistic DSR Client

Kyle Gallagher

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Realistic DSR Client
« on: June 18, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »
Just a question to the public,

Has anyone, or does anyone want to start seriously considering making a realistic DSR Client? I know someone who has all the information needed to make a realistic DSR/ERAM Client. Thanks!

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Realistic DSR Client
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 12:40:31 AM »
Quote from: Kyle Gallagher
Just a question to the public,

Has anyone, or does anyone want to start seriously considering making a realistic DSR Client? I know someone who has all the information needed to make a realistic DSR/ERAM Client. Thanks!
I'm not the guy to turn to for hardcore coding of new computer programs (lol), but for the sake of everyone else including those who might be, what exactly are you looking for in this DSR/ERAM client?

In particular, what would differ with the current DSR mode in VRC?

Romano Lara

• Members
    • View Profile
Realistic DSR Client
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:23:01 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me! An ES plug-in is also a good idea. In Australia, they worked on a custom plug-in to simulate their TAAATS system, and it turned out to be really good. So I think working on a simulated DSR plug-in for ES is not impossible. My .02

Johnathon Neilsen

• Members
    • View Profile
Realistic DSR Client
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Romano Lara
Sounds like a good idea to me! An ES plug-in is also a good idea. In Australia, they worked on a custom plug-in to simulate their TAAATS system, and it turned out to be really good. So I think working on a simulated DSR plug-in for ES is not impossible. My .02

VATPAC worked in conjunction with EuroScope to create this mod, however they didnt have a huge imput, but the result was very accurate as they had a rw ATCO on the design team.  

I know of a friend is working on a Radar client for another network, I could talk to him and see what he thinks of doing one for VATSIM instead.

Thomas King

• Members
    • View Profile
Realistic DSR Client
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »
Quote from: Harold Rutila
In particular, what would differ with the current DSR mode in VRC?

Im not a radar expert, but I'm sure there are a few differences between the VRC DSR mode and if you made a client specifically for DSR.

I personally like the idea.  I mean who doesn't want to be realistic around here?

Kyle Gallagher

• Members
    • View Profile
Realistic DSR Client
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 12:01:07 PM »
Well the difference with VRC is that it only looks like VRC more than operating like VRC.  Most people who don't know much about the real scopes don't know, but VRC is very, very, very basic, due to the hard and large amount of coding that would have to go into it to make it realistic.  Even with Euroscope there are many limitations, but it is closer to what we are looking for, especially with the handoffs. There are some things that we would want, especially dealing with the hardcoding of the client.

Alan Smiley

• Members
    • View Profile
Realistic DSR Client
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 11:20:54 AM »
Looking for individuals that have intermediate knowledge of C#. They would need to assist in the development of this new virtual radar client.

If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected].

Nate Johns

• Members
    • View Profile
Realistic DSR Client
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »
Quote from: Alan Smiley
Looking for individuals that have intermediate knowledge of C#. They would need to assist in the development of this new virtual radar client.

If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected].

I swear, I need to learn how to program again...

I may not be able to program, but as a center controller, I'm willing to lend a hand with the details.  Perhaps get some tours set up for the developers if wanted.

~Nate