ZTL ARTCC Seeking PHP help

Andrew Wolcott

• Members
    • View Profile
« on: September 11, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »
Everyone,

I am in search of someone with PHP and MySQL experience who can help with a new training evaluation system I am trying to put in place at vZTL.

The scope of the work would include integrating a new form and tables into an already established SQL database and PHP scripts.

If you are interested in helping out with this project, please send me an email at ta[at]vztlartcc.net

You must be able to show prior work accomplished.

Thanks everyone and best regards,

Andrew Wolcott
vZTL ARTCC Training Administrator

Bruce Clingan

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.classbravosa.com
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »
If you wait a little Andrew there is a team working on a new roster management and training management system.  They are working to make this portable between different ARTCCs and FIRs.  I can almost guarantee that this is what you are looking for, and what I have seen of it is pretty nice.

Bruce

Andrew Wolcott

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
Quote from: Bruce W. Clingan
If you wait a little Andrew there is a team working on a new roster management and training management system.  They are working to make this portable between different ARTCCs and FIRs.  I can almost guarantee that this is what you are looking for, and what I have seen of it is pretty nice.

Bruce

Bruce,

A few folks have replied elsewhere saying the same thing. I'm not sure if this was something AP was working on prior, as I heard through the grapevine he may have had some neat project in the works in regards to ARTCC Rosters.

I am curious though if ARTCC Staff are allowed to have a peek at the work in progress.

However, I don't know if this is a move towards standardisation or training (GRP) or if it's more for roster management. As such I don't know if it will meet our needs at ZTL, as we are wanting to use a checklist style Evaluation form that the instructor follows and would check off as the student demonstrates proficiency.

I'm looking forward to seeing whats coming, and hope that with those who have expressed interest in helping me aren't wasting their time.

Thanks for the input!

Andrew

Bruce Clingan

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://www.classbravosa.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:58:09 PM »
I am sure if you contacted Mike Hodge he would let you have a look at it.  It has nothing to do with standardization it is just a useful tool to fill a void such as the one you are encountering.  

It is a revamp of the system which we are using at ZID and I don't believe is something that AP was working on previously.

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 11:04:57 PM »
I am a part of the dev team, and I can tell you that it's a lot more than just roster management, though that is indeed one of many focal points. Since Rahul responded to you in the VATSIM Forums, you should be able to get a better idea of where it's going.