Vrc voice issues

Taylor Broad

• Members
    • View Profile
Vrc voice issues
« on: February 27, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »
I am having issues setting up the frequencies for vrc. When I went into the frequencies setup, I put in the name I want and the freq, but I don't know what those last boxes do. In the end, I cannot hear the controller when I am observing. I am about to get my S1.

Jennifer Reed

• Members
    • View Profile
Vrc voice issues
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:06:59 PM »
Well those boxes are for the voice channel which is rw.liveatc.net and the channel name for example PHX_GND. But another way of listening in is to right click on the controllers name on the controller list and selecting monitor.

I hope this helps.

Stephen Williamson
Observer/Controller in Training
Albuquerque Air Route Traffic Control Center (ZAB ARTCC)
Virtual Air Traffic Simulation Network (VATSIM)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:08:01 PM by Stephen Williamson »

Ryan Geckler

• Mentors
    • View Profile
Vrc voice issues
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:02:48 PM »
Quote from: Taylor Broad
I am having issues setting up the frequencies for vrc. When I went into the frequencies setup, I put in the name I want and the freq, but I don't know what those last boxes do. In the end, I cannot hear the controller when I am observing. I am about to get my S1.

TBH, if you haven't been taught how to do that yet by your instructing staff, then they need to rethink their initial training program..

Taylor Broad

• Members
    • View Profile
Vrc voice issues
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 07:34:07 AM »
Quote from: Ryan Geckler
TBH, if you haven't been taught how to do that yet by your instructing staff, then they need to rethink their initial training program..
Yea. My ARTCC taught me it. I just forgot it. My other 2, ZMA and ZAN didn't even teach me anything

Harold Rutila

• Members
    • View Profile
Vrc voice issues
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 11:06:36 AM »
I doubt that statement.

Kenneth Haught

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://vzanartcc.net
Vrc voice issues
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
Quote from: Harold Rutila
I doubt that statement.
We all have experience with students who fail to request any sort of training (even when it has been made clear that they have to initiate it). In the end some people just want an ARTCC to hold them all the way through training, while others decide to take responsibility for training on themselves.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:38:51 PM by Kenneth Haught »

Romano Lara

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
Vrc voice issues
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 05:41:31 AM »
This kind of stuff shouldn't even be taught at all. The documentation is publicly available, it is not rocket science complicated too! Very straight forward and easy to comprehend.

When people ask to teach them how to fly the PMDG, the pros would always say "RTFM" I wonder what's the difference between the PMDG and VRC when both are software that has documentations available online. It just needs to be utilized, clearly not everyone has the initiative to read it first, especially those who really need it. Teaching basic VRC operations over and over and over and over and over again is just a complete waste of training resource when an online documentation (a comprehensive one too!) is available.

Arthur Heiser

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://zabartcc.org/index.php/backend/profile/1052801
Vrc voice issues
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »
Quote from: Romano Lara
This kind of stuff shouldn't even be taught at all. The documentation is publicly available, it is not rocket science complicated too! Very straight forward and easy to comprehend.

When people ask to teach them how to fly the PMDG, the pros would always say "RTFM" I wonder what's the difference between the PMDG and VRC when both are software that has documentations available online. It just needs to be utilized, clearly not everyone has the initiative to read it first, especially those who really need it. Teaching basic VRC operations over and over and over and over and over again is just a complete waste of training resource when an online documentation (a comprehensive one too!) is available.
+1

Totally agree.

Jennifer Reed

• Members
    • View Profile
Vrc voice issues
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 09:30:10 PM »
That was the first thing I did before I evan started observing and now I have passed my basic, S1, and S1 major exam's and will have my ots this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:30:37 PM by Stephen Williamson »