C3 Rating

Romano Lara

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
C3 Rating
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2011, 08:04:42 PM »
Just abolish the rating system and replace it with a certification system = no more C3 debate.

Kidding aside, for me the rating is just a rating, it serves no valid significance that will grant you access to anything special. Like previously said, there's really nothing a C3 can access that a C1 cannot. If we're talking about seniority, or perhaps, those who goes above and beyond the expectations, I know a lot of C1, even S3 (that I also happen to respect a LOT). It doesn't have to be a C3 guy walking around to earn someone's respect. It's how you demonstrate yourself to others, not by rating, or "experience" alone. As long as we're all enjoying the hobby while giving back one way or the other, it's all that matters.

One could really give all his/her efforts, not for the genuine intent to actually 'give back', but for a certain rating. At the end of the day, when you don't get what you were expecting, it will only leave you disappointed.

My 2c for what it's worth..
Romano Lara
Anchorage ARTCC, C1

Salvatore Barcia

• Members
    • View Profile
C3 Rating
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 03:16:26 PM »
Quote from: Romano Lara
Just abolish the rating system and replace it with a certification system = no more C3 debate.

Kidding aside, for me the rating is just a rating, it serves no valid significance that will grant you access to anything special. Like previously said, there's really nothing a C3 can access that a C1 cannot. If we're talking about seniority, or perhaps, those who goes above and beyond the expectations, I know a lot of C1, even S3 (that I also happen to respect a LOT). It doesn't have to be a C3 guy walking around to earn someone's respect. It's how you demonstrate yourself to others, not by rating, or "experience" alone. As long as we're all enjoying the hobby while giving back one way or the other, it's all that matters.

One could really give all his/her efforts, not for the genuine intent to actually 'give back', but for a certain rating. At the end of the day, when you don't get what you were expecting, it will only leave you disappointed.

My 2c for what it's worth..

Couldn't have said it any better.
Salvatore Christopher  Barcia
Cross the Gulf President
ACE Team Member
Miami ARTCC

[img]http://www.vatsim.net/badges/atc1o.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

Christopher Lajoie

• Members
    • View Profile
C3 Rating
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2011, 01:47:56 AM »
Evening Or Morning to Others!
    I achieved my Controller 3 Rating back in 2005 and this was before VATSIM revoked the chance of achieving it. Although it is an honor to have it is not anything special as everyone has said. The fact that you are a Center Controller at one of the busiest ARTCC's is a great accomplishment in and of itself. Great job and thank you for your service to the VATSIM community!
Christopher Lajoie, C3 - 945572
VATUSA Support Services | Social Media Team Lead
Catch me on Discord! @christopherlajoie
[email protected]

C3 Rating
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
Quote from: Christopher Lane Lajoie
Evening Or Morning to Others!
    I achieved my Controller 3 Rating back in 2005 and this was before VATSIM revoked the chance of achieving it. Although it is an honor to have it is not anything special as everyone has said. The fact that you are a Center Controller at one of the busiest ARTCC's is a great accomplishment in and of itself. Great job and thank you for your service to the VATSIM community!

VATSIM didn't revoke it.  VATUSA stopped issuing it.

Ryan Geckler

• Mentors
    • View Profile
C3 Rating
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2011, 06:51:51 AM »
Can we just let this thread die already...
Ryan Geckler - GK
VATUSA9 | Traffic Management Unit Director
Former VATUSA3 | Division Training Director
Minneapolis ARTCC | RW Miami ARTCC