VRC - TeamsSpeak3

Kevin Rush

• Members
    • View Profile
    • http://
VRC - TeamsSpeak3
« on: February 19, 2012, 04:34:51 PM »
Just switched from Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and working out the bugs.

I have, in the past had TeamSpeak issues that seem to have followed me to the new OS. With the 64bit OS I am using the 64bit TeamSpeak. Every so often, it locks up, or the mic stays open, can't see who's talking, then it seems to work itself out or more often the case have to logoff then back on.

I am wondering if I potentially have a conflict with the VRC sound device setup.
1.  Do I want the same audio device setup on TeamSpeak that I have with VRC? ie. DirectSound on VRC, DirectSound on TeamSpeak or do I want to have one running DirectSound and the other running Wave?
2.  Who else is having TeamSpeak issues? Is there something else at fault that I am not aware of?

Dylan Lundberg

• ZME Staff
    • View Profile
    • Fly High Virtual
VRC - TeamsSpeak3
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:47:32 PM »
Quote from: Kevin Rush
Just switched from Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and working out the bugs.

I have, in the past had TeamSpeak issues that seem to have followed me to the new OS. With the 64bit OS I am using the 64bit TeamSpeak. Every so often, it locks up, or the mic stays open, can't see who's talking, then it seems to work itself out or more often the case have to logoff then back on.

I am wondering if I potentially have a conflict with the VRC sound device setup.
1.  Do I want the same audio device setup on TeamSpeak that I have with VRC? ie. DirectSound on VRC, DirectSound on TeamSpeak or do I want to have one running DirectSound and the other running Wave?
2.  Who else is having TeamSpeak issues? Is there something else at fault that I am not aware of?

Kevin,

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit as well. I do not have an issue with using the same 'audio type' ie. DirectSound, Wave. I use DirectSound on both VCR and TS3.

Hope this helped,

Regards,

Kevin Rush

• Members
    • View Profile
VRC - TeamsSpeak3
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:38:43 PM »
Last night was an embarrassment. I lost count last night how many times Teamspeak crashed, had a stuck mic. Frustrating for me and irritating for fellow controllers.

I'm now running VRC with the Wave audio device and TeamSpeak with DirectSound. I am getting conflicting views from other responses on other boards as to whether or not they need to be different or the same. More seem to be in the camp that they should be different. So, it will stay that way for now.

I unchecked the DirectX overlay plugin and will try that out later and see if that helps. I am also going to look into disabling the exclusive mode application priority and see if that helps, assuming it's enabled and I can find it in the program setup.

When I got done last night, I logged off thinking that if I had been in the same room or building with the other controller I was working with, I would have had a butt whippin'. It was that bad.

Dylan Lundberg

• ZME Staff
    • View Profile
    • Fly High Virtual
VRC - TeamsSpeak3
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:35:07 PM »
Quote from: Kevin Rush
Last night was an embarrassment. I lost count last night how many times Teamspeak crashed, had a stuck mic. Frustrating for me and irritating for fellow controllers.

I'm now running VRC with the Wave audio device and TeamSpeak with DirectSound. I am getting conflicting views from other responses on other boards as to whether or not they need to be different or the same. More seem to be in the camp that they should be different. So, it will stay that way for now.

I unchecked the DirectX overlay plugin and will try that out later and see if that helps. I am also going to look into disabling the exclusive mode application priority and see if that helps, assuming it's enabled and I can find it in the program setup.

When I got done last night, I logged off thinking that if I had been in the same room or building with the other controller I was working with, I would have had a butt whippin'. It was that bad.

Im sorry to hear that. If you were using the TS Overlay while in VRC, I know that for me that was an issue with VRC crashing, and TS locking up. Once I changed that, both VRC and TS3 were working as they should. Also be in mind that you should run both TS3 and VRC as Administrator's while using Windows 7.

Regards,

Kevin Rush

• Members
    • View Profile
VRC - TeamsSpeak3
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »
Well, I think I got the computer deal figured out.
Cannot use the TeamSpeak transparent overlay with VRC
Wave on VRC; DirectSound on TeamSpeak
Set the audio properties in the Windows control panel and disable the exclusive mode application priority setting.

Not one crash tonight, but, not too busy either. We'll see what happens this weekend.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:44:59 AM by Kevin Rush »

Romano Lara

• Members
    • View Profile
VRC - TeamsSpeak3
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:58:38 PM »
TS3 - Direct, VRC - Wave has worked been my setup for years and never had a problem with it..